140db With Two 8's? T Line Enclosure

Perfect. That's what I was looking for. I've been talking with Chris about a box for a couple is SA8's and I wanted to know where they hit. How clean does your sub stage sound in that setup?
Sounds good to be honest. People don't believe they are 8's when they would sit in my SUV.

I didn't think a T line was primarily used to get loud? I know they can get loud, but I thought a T line was really meant for SQ and range not getting loud. I was told if somebody want to get loud, look at ported first?

I didn't think a T line was primarily used to get loud? I know they can get loud, but I thought a T line was really meant for SQ and range not getting loud. I was told if somebody want to get loud, look at ported first?
Yeah, that's basically the point. But, I kinda want both, so.... My current system was built around range more than volume. It only hits 137, but 55hz is about 1.5 db down from that and and 30hz is about 1 db down. I didn't run test tones into the 20's cause I wasn't thinking. 60hz and above is when starts dropping off more than 2.5 or 3 db.

I definitely don't want to loose, and more is always better, so this is like testing the waters to see if I want to try it.

They are both. I'm planning to get mine metered on Sunday. Should hit mid 140's on music. 2 hds208's. Very large bandwidth to boot.

Nah, stang's setup hits harder than most dual 12s and single 15 non-trunk walled, ported setups out here in cali.

They are both. I'm planning to get mine metered on Sunday. Should hit mid 140's on music. 2 hds208's. Very large bandwidth to boot.
Hey Stang, how do you think the SA 8's would compare in to your setup. If your hitting into the 140's, I'm definitely getting a box from you. Assuming I can still hit 32 hz at 136 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Numbers thrown around might be impressive for 2 8" subs but nothing mentioned is actually loud by any stretch. Why not a few efficient 12's or 15's in a ported box assuming you have room?

Numbers thrown around might be impressive for 2 8" subs but nothing mentioned is actually loud by any stretch. Why not a few efficient 12's or 15's in a ported box assuming you have room?
I did a 144.6 with 4 of the 8's Tline. It was loud if you asked me. I'm trying to have my friend send the video. Had them on my CT 2200.1 fire series and they wanted more. I know a 145 was possible.

To be honest, I just really want to try one out. I have about 4 cubes of space to work with and I'm happy with 140 so why not.

Hey Stang, how do you think the SA 8's would compare in to your setup. If you're hitting into the 140's, I'm definitely getting a box from you. Assuming I can still hit 32 hz at 136 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
V2 or v3? The box would be roughly 40x22x12 (all of these can vary somewhat) for the 34 fs v2 at 34hz. The v3 can be tuned a little higher with an fs of 38hz which would allow for a lightly smaller box.

V2 or v3? The box would be roughly 40x22x12 (all of these can vary somewhat) for the 34 fs v2 at 34hz. The v3 can be tuned a little higher with an fs of 38hz which would allow for a lightly smaller box.
I was looking at the new v3's. The video Sundown posted on YouTube looks impressive as hell. Not sure how different they would sound in a T Line. Everyone seems to say that you don't hit -3 db until an octave below tuning, so the low 30's and upper 20's should still slam with either, right?

I was looking at the new v3's. The video Sundown posted on YouTube looks impressive as hell. Not sure how different they would sound in a T Line. Everyone seems to say that you don't hit -3 db until an octave below tuning, so the low 30's and upper 20's should still slam with either, right?
Correct. I have video of a single v2 doing work that's very impressive. Pm me with your # and I'll send it to ya.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.