The port should not be a square when I get to a computer around 5-6 tonight I will upload some pics of how a slot box should look hope you have a bunch of different roundover bits gonna need them.

Ya, ports look way to small on that. However, I dig that extension made for the Kinetik lol looks sweet. Not gunna say exactly what my db rating is yet with my comp being this weekend but lets just say my 2 12's were hitting a good amount of db higher then those 15's on 2000W rms and a KHC 1200.

OP your problem is your port which may people have pointed out. You need to double your port area at the least and the length to width ratio should never be higher then 1:8. If you wanna try aeroports there are many people that make custom large aeroports including myself. Aeroports are more effecient than slots and are easier to tune.

OP your problem is your port which may people have pointed out. You need to double your port area at the least and the length to width ratio should never be higher then 1:8. If you wanna try aeroports there are many people that make custom large aeroports including myself. Aeroports are more effecient than slots and are easier to tune.
Thanks for the input. I am thinking that I will definitely be using aeroports for my next box in the next week or two here. If I am shooting for ~90-100 square inches of port area, would it be best to use say two 8" aeroports? And if so, how do I calculate the length of the ports to tune them?

also, what are the main advatages/disadvantages to having a common chamber vs. seperate chambers. I have always gone with seperate chambers simply to help strengthen the box.

Thanks for any advice

[quote name='vISUALHype']Message @Moble Enclosurs great designer and will really work with the space to give you best results.[/QUOTE]

Im around til about 8pm everyday. From 12-8. Pm me or message me if you have any questions please. As far as round ports being more efficient and easier to tune, I am writing a blog about that this week that WILL help everyone out, because there are some points about efficiency that need to be mentioned to agree AND disagree to that statement.

also, what are the main advatages/disadvantages to having a common chamber vs. seperate chambers. I have always gone with seperate chambers simply to help strengthen the box.
Thanks for any advice
Another blog next week lol. But if you use the port constants of area and length the same response with minor differences can be achievable. The great thing about common chambers is the ability to utilize the space more efficiently in some cases, though having extra support in the design from the separate chambers is a great addition. having separate chambers will likely require the use of more than one port and if you revert to aeroports, and the design requires a 90 phase shift, you may limit the length ability to keep tuning lower. So, both have advantages and disadvantages, MAINLY physical. Acoustically, you can get similar results from both depending on how you work the design. Just a quick thought.

I gotta say i think its funny that if this exact same thread had Jl subs instead of the SA's it would be a complete troll fest at that number. But since its Sundown your ok, and peeps actually try to help.

Another blog next week lol. But if you use the port constants of area and length the same response with minor differences can be achievable. The great thing about common chambers is the ability to utilize the space more efficiently in some cases, though having extra support in the design from the separate chambers is a great addition. having separate chambers will likely require the use of more than one port and if you revert to aeroports, and the design requires a 90 phase shift, you may limit the length ability to keep tuning lower. So, both have advantages and disadvantages, MAINLY physical. Acoustically, you can get similar results from both depending on how you work the design. Just a quick thought.
Can't wait to read the blogs on ports and common vs. seperate chambered boxes. I will likely be PM'ing you soon here. I definitely agree though that seperating the chamber could cause issues with fitting aeroports internally.

Ya, ports look way to small on that. However, I dig that extension made for the Kinetik lol looks sweet. Not gunna say exactly what my db rating is yet with my comp being this weekend but lets just say my 2 12's were hitting a good amount of db higher then those 15's on 2000W rms and a KHC 1200.
haha thanks man, i really didn't want a 70lbs battery sliding around at all. I definitely have some improvements to make, mainly just the box, before I get to the level I should be at.

Good luck at your comp this wknd!

haha thanks man, i really didn't want a 70lbs battery sliding around at all. I definitely have some improvements to make, mainly just the box, before I get to the level I should be at.
Good luck at your comp this wknd!

Thank you good sir! I hope to be walking away with the gold along with my teammates. Ill try to snap a couple pics and post up afterwards. I was having some issues with the box I have because it was tuned too high for my subs so I actually had to do the opposite of you and shorten the port LOL. Might want to look into aero though, would make a nice difference depending on restrictions on the event. Feel free to pm if interested, one of my teammates makes em from 6" - 10" and currently working on 12"

Thanks for the input. I am thinking that I will definitely be using aeroports for my next box in the next week or two here. If I am shooting for ~90-100 square inches of port area, would it be best to use say two 8" aeroports? And if so, how do I calculate the length of the ports to tune them?
Go to this site to help you calculate port length Car Audio - PORT Size Calculations and Formulas for WOOFER and Subwoofer BOXES

If your wanting quotes on some ports just PM me

Thank you good sir! I hope to be walking away with the gold along with my teammates. Ill try to snap a couple pics and post up afterwards. I was having some issues with the box I have because it was tuned too high for my subs so I actually had to do the opposite of you and shorten the port LOL. Might want to look into aero though, would make a nice difference depending on restrictions on the event. Feel free to pm if interested, one of my teammates makes em from 6" - 10" and currently working on 12"
nice man, thats pretty awesome that he makes the aeros himself. I'm thinking of using 8" aeroports for my new box. but with an 8" aero it would need to be like 30 inches to tune to around 35~36 I'm pretty sure. Does adding a 90degree turn in the tube change the length it needs to be?

He!! yea post up some comp pics if you get em. I took a couple pics at the Winona show but there wasn't really too much to take pics of haha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jerhemy

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Jerhemy
WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date