I did visuals box for an sql output and will hopefully be doing his next idea for more of an SPL design. WIll try to reach a decent score. With the current one he said he did 135@35(not sure yet of it's accuracy) with the single 15 in an dual 8 aero blow through, which was again designed to have a mix of both. So, that score is respectable at 138.8 for a daily on your system with 2-15s. But again, if we go for more of an SPL setup, those have to be designed differently than what we originally did. If you have any questions about what you need done, let me know. It's good to get different professional opinions especially for something like this.

what brings high # is trial and error. for a few of us vets we make it look easier cause we have more knowledge what works but tweeking is where its at. ur ride could do a legal 50 but would take some serious work and a higher tuning with only 2500rms on tap. i would shoot for 46-48 with what u got and ur ride.

everybody has to start somewhere dont let anybody get you down! nobody started out knocking 40s

Yeah, something is definitely off. I did a design for someone with nearly the same setup as you, two SA-15's and 1300 clamped watts in a Blazer. It did a 148.4 sealed up at 38hz, and a 149.9 in the kick at 47hz. This was with a ~33hz tuning as well.

what brings high # is trial and error. for a few of us vets we make it look easier cause we have more knowledge what works but tweeking is where its at. ur ride could do a legal 50 but would take some serious work and a higher tuning with only 2500rms on tap. i would shoot for 46-48 with what u got and ur ride.
everybody has to start somewhere dont let anybody get you down! nobody started out knocking 40s

Thank you for the advice, I am definitely ready to rebuild and tune boxes as needed to get it right. I definitely want the box to be musical still, able to play the lows and such still, as this will be a daily pounder still.

the only way op would get a 150 is with a really high tuning and lots o port... it can be done, but if it is his daily setup I would not recommend it.
Not necessairly there are people on Team Minnesota's Loudest doin 150's with two 12"s out of a trunk tuned in the 30's under 2000 watts clamped

pics of current setup
kind of a bad pic, you can see the skinny ports at the bottom though

IMAG0407.jpg

IMAG0413.jpg

pretty good shot of the box construction, I can link you in to my complete build log if you want.

IMAG0385.jpg

IMO you're not going to have 150 with that power and cone area unles you tune 45hz and up. Also odds are you haven't found your peak frequency (should be in the neighborhood of 55hz) which is what kills most novice competitors on the meter.

Fact is, if it sounds good it is good. Can you get more out of it? ALWAYS! but you will need to make some sawdust and start cranking out some new boxes to chase that.

IMO you're not going to have 150 with that power and cone area unles you tune 45hz and up. Also odds are you haven't found your peak frequency (should be in the neighborhood of 55hz) which is what kills most novice competitors on the meter.
Fact is, if it sounds good it is good. Can you get more out of it? ALWAYS! but you will need to make some sawdust and start cranking out some new boxes to chase that.
I have heard that what sounds good to your ear does not sound good on the meter, and vice-versa. I am really more concerned with the musical side of things compared to just metering high numbers. But I would also like to be as loud as I can while still maintaining the fairly musical abilities of the box/subs.

I have heard that what sounds good to your ear does not sound good on the meter, and vice-versa. I am really more concerned with the musical side of things compared to just metering high numbers. But I would also like to be as loud as I can while still maintaining the fairly musical abilities of the box/subs.
I suspect you have a 42 in that anyway if you do some testing (find your peak frequency, moving seats around, closing vents, etc.). Also not knowing how that amp is hooked up you may be only seeing a few hundred watts out of it anyway at peak. I can gain big by dropping impedence for burps, but that doesn't translate well into everyday music listening.

I suspect you have a 42 in that anyway if you do some testing (find your peak frequency, moving seats around, closing vents, etc.). Also not knowing how that amp is hooked up you may be only seeing a few hundred watts out of it anyway at peak. I can gain big by dropping impedence for burps, but that doesn't translate well into everyday music listening.
I gotcha man, and I definitely want to stay within the daily music listening relm.

What do you mean by I may only be seeing a few hundred watts? are you just refering to the impendence rise caused by the box?

Thanks for any advice!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jerhemy

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Jerhemy
WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date