honestly with your setup you have potential to be doin 150's or close to it. seems like you have good equip. just get your box built welland you should be there. hell i had 2 power acoustik mofo 15s and a power acoustik stax 5500 and i was doin 145s with that cheap shiz. like i said IMO your setup has the potential
That seems like a pretty high score if his box is for daily.

I was told by visualhype like a week before the show. I forgot to grab a schedule, but I know there is going to be another show at te same place in august, and couple in lacross too
**** I wish I new about this!! I woulda been there! How do you find out about these events? Ive been looking all over
I grabbed fhe bass machanix (Jeremy hosts em) location sheet, pm me if you want some dates.

I'll for sure be at the August audio designs show.

That seems like a pretty high score if his box is for daily.
again i was doing 145s with power acoustik shiz.... he should def be closer to a 50. the org i compete in is on music average so its a daily beater type org and its on a TL, theres a couple people doing 149's out of trunk. and a new guy doing 152's with 2 15s. not all vehicles are the same i kno. but seems to me that it can done. hell i know im not that loud but with my recent box i was doing 147s on music with a cheap planet audio bb2400.1

the only way op would get a 150 is with a really high tuning and lots o port... it can be done, but if it is his daily setup I would not recommend it.
your are more exp'd then me but i still beg to diff.... im not doing a 150 yea but these guys in the or do it are 40hz, which i dont think is really high. hell jerry ellis on this forum competes in the org, did a 149.8 average on music, i think at like 27hz the last one i went to when i did my 147, and he did it with 2-12s on a saz 3k

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

This is more what I'm saying bgowdy.
i kno im just saying as well

So OP, what are your goals with your system?
My main goals are to have it sound good and musical, getting low and sounding good doing it. I am definitely happy with the musical sound part of it, but if I should be that much louder, something is obviously not right.

ygPM Buck.

I will throw up some pics of the current set up in a few minutes, the dimensions for each sub are 20"x13"x19" for the chamber, and then a slot port that is 1.5" tall, 19" wide and ~18" deep.

looks to me like he needs to have a bigger box, and more square port area. 2.75 cf per sub for a 15 will not cut it.
I went with the smaller box size per advice from members on here, as I am running ~1200 wrms to each sub for daily.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jerhemy

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Jerhemy
WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date