if i was the op i would shoot for a common chamber 6 cubes box tuned 34-36hz and somewhere in the neighborhood of 90^2" of port. that would be a good all around box.

I gotcha man, and I definitely want to stay within the daily music listening relm.
What do you mean by I may only be seeing a few hundred watts? are you just refering to the impendence rise caused by the box?

Thanks for any advice!
Impedence curve is primarily a function of the electrical properties of the coil, but yeah... odds are you're not seeing anywhere close to 2500W at your peak frequency

i see 3 major problems.

1st port is too skinny and looks not to follow the 1-8 ratio and that causes probems

2nd not enough port area

3rd ur box needs to go 3-6" from the tailgate, ur wayyy to far away!

i hate when people compare burp numbers to 30second average on music numbers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

that being said you should be doing better OP. but we all gotta start somewhere

Because that's totally the same thing as a pair of SA 15's in a Jeep....
We all know suv's are easier to get loud then trunk cars. He did it with two SA 12's well close enough it was a 149.9 with 2000 watts clamped over 2000 he was easily over a 150 I personally saw it. My point was that it's very possible to get 150's with his equipment.

[quote name='RangerDanger']pretty sure they have more experience than op.[/QUOTE]

^^I would asume so, haha.

the ports are 19" by 1.5", which is about 28 in^2 of area. This being my first ported box I just went to a box calculator and started messing around with it.

Would you guys suggest aeroports over a slot style port again. If I went with a slot style port again I would try to make it as close to square as possible.

@SPLaudio I had no idea there was a target distance for ports to tail gate, thanks for the heads up.

@dbeez I am going to be building the boxes my self for sure, but I may have some one design one for me though and then just build it.

[quote name='Jerhemy']^^I would asume so, haha.

the ports are 19" by 1.5", which is about 28 in^2 of area. This being my first ported box I just went to a box calculator and started messing around with it.

Would you guys suggest aeroports over a slot style port again. If I went with a slot style port again I would try to make it as close to square as possible.

@SPLaudio I had no idea there was a target distance for ports to tail gate, thanks for the heads up.

@dbeez I am going to be building the boxes my self for sure, but I may have some one design one for me though and then just build it.[/QUOTE]

Message @Moble Enclosurs great designer and will really work with the space to give you best results.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jerhemy

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Jerhemy
WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date