10s or 12s

Llt1980

Iowa
I have a 2016 Hyundai veloster I have narrowed down to either 3 JL 10w3s on a RD1500 or 2 12w3s on a RD1000 I'm thinking custom ported box either way my question is what would sound better and hit harder I mostly listen to rap and one last thing would the cars stock electrical be fine with the RD1500

Well it depends on how much room you have. Three 10s will be slightly more cone area than two 12s but require a slightly larger box.

I would recommend another brand over JL audio personally. $600 for 1500 watts is insane.

Pricey equipment selection but you clearly know what’s out there

2 12’ on 1500 will allow you to deliver more power per driver. Factoring rise , a 1500 watt rating(without factoring efficiency) spread over three subs is well....doable but...meh.

Hyundai’s do baby alternators don’t they? big three, agm in front bay and optimally a rear agm is the least I would do for your plans

It depends on your available space as stated above, consider how your amp will perform at that load as well.
I'd probably do a set of 12's in there especially if using 3 10's would make the configuration marginal.
Install/configuration/electrical should be considered when choosing a setup... don't try to stuff 5lb of crap into a 3lb sack.
Just sayin'...
Brands matter less than proper equipment selection for your install/vehicle. I've seen cheapo $70 subs sound great and hit hard in an install that's done correctly.
Carefully choose your equipment and design an enclosure that is geared towards your vehicle/music tastes.
A set of 12w3's in a custom enclosure can get down and impress... so don't get hung-up on asthetics... Imo just get the install done right.

I know what it is like to be loyal to a brand that has done well for you. I have always wanted JL Audio gear but I have never owned any. I would also do two 12" subs, mostly because of space. Although if you did a triangle configuration with the subs facing to the roof, I would run the 3 10's all day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.