10" type r's werent as loud as I thought?

Get a pic of the control settings on the amp and how they are now. We can help you with that. Also, it never hurts to go back and double/triple check the wiring. In many cases the easiest thing to over look is the issue.
If you have a DMM check to see what is the resting ohm load is.
I put the test leads and after 10 mins it still sat a 1.1 ohms which is quite normal for a dmm so I am pretty sure they are wired correctly. I can take a pic and post it tonight because I am not home right now.

uhhh what^^ I thought if u put the gain past the mathematical value is when distortion and all that good stuff happens? And if I did I wouldnt know how much higher to go seeing as though it is my first real system technically

u can turn the gain up past the mathmatical value. iv never left an amp at the base setting, its always higher a higher output voltage....
NO NO NO. Worst piece of advice. If you set it higher than it's supposed to, you'll be sending a clipped signal which you are NOT supposed to do.

Op I really think it's your box. Did you say its 1.2 to 1.4 ft³ for the pair or each?

NO NO NO. Worst piece of advice. If you set it higher than it's supposed to, you'll be sending a clipped signal which you are NOT supposed to do.
Op I really think it's your box. Did you say its 1.2 to 1.4 ft³ for the pair or each?

simply not true. but im not here to arguee. OP good luck hope u get it figured out.

I guess so... I will re tune the amp and see what happens. I havent tried bass boost on the HU yet either so as long as I doint blow em im fine thanks for the help though guys. I will post the decent build when I am done. 1 week to go. so pumped.

simply not true. but im not here to arguee. OP good luck hope u get it figured out.
Are you stupid? When you go higher than the set voltage, you start to send a clipped signal. Just because you CANT hear it, doesn't mean you aren't doing it. Dont give stupid *** advice to people when you don't even know what you're talking about.

Are you stupid? When you go higher than the set voltage, you start to send a clipped signal. Just because you CANT hear it, doesn't mean you aren't doing it. Dont give stupid *** advice to people when you don't even know what you're talking about.
really? what a great group of ppl on here. you can find the mathmatical value, lets say its 54.7 out put volts. that is not the point where you will get "clipping". you CAN exceed that value and be fine. put it on a scope and check, ill wait. and to add to the ignorance, a little clipping never hurt anyone. but if YOU dont know what your doing stick to the basics as you seem to be already.

I agree that it is the box that is your problem. I had 2 12 in type rs bought them in a sealed box and they were ok but when I swtiched them to a ported box it was like having completely different subs. Them type r's need their air to breath.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.