10" type r's werent as loud as I thought?

Out of phase subs will still read 1ohm and have very little output. Also try dropping your back seat some block a ton of bass.

I will post pics tonight. I retuned the amp just now and i turned subsonic and lpf down all the way. I tried to use a 50 hz tone this time around and it just would not go past 16 ac voltage even with the gain all the way up. I then tried 55hz and got exactly 31.6 (1000) and the gain had some to go which means its better with the 55hz or the amp doesnt go to 50 hz all to well. Either way I retuned both my amps seeing as though I forgot to put the eq to flat on the HU (ik stupid mistake) Now I havent tried hooking the speakers or the subs up yet but I will in the next hour or so and get back to you guys. fingers crossed.

LPF does not get turned all the way "down". If you do that you are cutting off almost all the frequencies to your subs.

There are plenty of "How to" posts here and all around the net that you can read to better understand what each dial on your amp will do when adjusted. I highly recommend that you do some searching/reading before you go any further with any adjustments.

OK so i think I got it. Ur right pro rabbit the lpf was all the way down. so i just turned it all the way open and turned the sub sonic all the way down and this allowed the 50 hz to go through. I set it to 31.6-31.7 (1000 @ 1 ohm). I think this will do the trick actually. Anyways for the speaker am (125.4 onyx) I turned the hpf all the way down to allow all the frequencies through and did it that way with 1,000 hz tone. Just making sure. is all this correct?

Set your sub amp to 80hz low pass and turn subsonic OFF. If you cant turn completely off, set the subsonic to the lowest it will go!

Set your mid high amp to 80hz high pass.

After you do this THEN set the gains with a test tone...

Simple

thats what I did now. They sound good when I turn loudness on. Ik they are tuned right too. lpf and hpf set to about 80 hz. The speakers sound better than I expected and the subs (on mid loudness) shine. Great tips guys and thanks for the help.

2 type R 10s in a small sealed box on 1krms are not going to get LOUD.. period.. if you used the space made a ported box for one and did I believe 750watts(double check that a I can't remember what they take) it should be better..

thats what I did now. They sound good when I turn loudness on. Ik they are tuned right too. lpf and hpf set to about 80 hz. The speakers sound better than I expected and the subs (on mid loudness) shine. Great tips guys and thanks for the help.
They're both set to 80? I hope that's a typo or I'd have to guess you haven't paid attention to a thing being said.

Are you stupid? When you go higher than the set voltage, you start to send a clipped signal. Just because you CANT hear it, doesn't mean you aren't doing it. Dont give stupid *** advice to people when you don't even know what you're talking about.
If you're setting your gain with a 0db of even -3db tone, you'll never see that power again when listening to music. This is why the generally accepted way of setting gains with a DMM and test tones is pointless IMO. I've never used a DMM to set the gain knob in my life, and I've never had a single thing fail on me.

2 type R 10s in a small sealed box on 1krms are not going to get LOUD.. period.. if you used the space made a ported box for one and did I believe 750watts(double check that a I can't remember what they take) it should be better..
I agree with one sub.I have always used tens for just about every vehicle Ive had, and for that car a pair would sound great @1.4 ported for each sub,and should bang that car pretyy good,even a single sub/10in. at approx 1.6-1.8cu ft ported will sound very nice as well.I have a L5 kicker 10 dvc 2ohm in a 1.6cu ft ported in a civic hatch, and it bangs so hard that the steeringwheel shakes S#$#T out of that car! I heard those subs can take some juice,though.To me sounds like you need build a ported box for each sub,and in different chambers is what I do,never have shared same chambers.

sorry guys I AM NOT BUILDING A PORTED BOX! I have no room and if I have both subs then why not. They sound fine now and im happy with em. I just tuned the amp wrong is all. Anyways yes im not dumb I set the hpf on the speaker amp to about 80 hz and the lpf on the sub amp to about 80 hz. They blend together correctly and everything. Plus the box I made took me like 3 full days from morning to night to build. I has LED's and plexi (u know the cool stuff) its also wrapped in suede so I do not have the funds nor the time/patience to build another **** box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.