10" type r's werent as loud as I thought?

Drill a hole,(2 1/2in) and go to home depot, and get some pvc pipe, and shove it in there/bottom it out, and keep bringing it up till you like the sound, mark it,cut it off,bang it flush,seal around with silicone, and shoot some black Rustolium pait on the White pvc.There you go ..prob solved, and dont have to rebuild box,and your subs will get some breathing room, and run cooler, and sound a S H I T load better than what you got going on.Spend another day on that box brother, and port it.You wont regret it.There you are, man Cheap to do, and just takes another day, at the most,and should be happier than what you got going on.Wrong built subwoofer box for the pair of subs in my opinion sorry to say.Good luck to you man.

A ported box for one would be more efficient and maybe louder... But the box he has them in is just a little on the small side, but very close to optimum. The 2 subs sealed are gonna sound much cleaner, and has more motor force. Theres always gonna be a trade off when going from 2 subs to 1. Like he said, they sound much better now, he adjusted the frequencies wrong...

Drill a hole,(2 1/2in) and go to home depot, and get some pvc pipe, and shove it in there/bottom it out, and keep bringing it up till you like the sound, mark it,cut it off,bang it flush,seal around with silicone, and shoot some black Rustolium pait on the White pvc.There you go ..prob solved, and dont have to rebuild box,and your subs will get some breathing room, and run cooler, and sound a S H I T load better than what you got going on.Spend another day on that box brother, and port it.You wont regret it.There you are, man Cheap to do, and just takes another day, at the most,and should be happier than what you got going on.Wrong built subwoofer box for the pair of subs in my opinion sorry to say.Good luck to you man.
so many levels of fail.

his enclosure is already on the small side for them sealed, and isnt far from half the size of what they would want ported.

apparently someone doesnt know how enclosures work.

so many levels of fail.
his enclosure is already on the small side for them sealed, and isnt far from half the size of what they would want ported.

apparently someone doesnt know how enclosures work.
Ya:rolleyes: from the beginning of the build,trying to shove a pair of tens in a single can.I know how enclosures work man.LOL!!

Hey guys I set the gains using a volt meter to 31.6 ac volts at 1 ohm (1000w) using a 50 hz tone and then I tested the sub with music and it still didnt sound very loud. It's an mb quart onyx 1000.1 D and there are 2 swr-1043D's in a 1.3-1.4 cube sealed box. The volume on the HU was 34 out of 40 which is a tad above 85% volume. I also tuned the subsonic and low pass filters by ear. Any opinions? (p.s. I tested them ourt of the car next to it in closed three car garage but I should still hear a good thump to em)Edit: Everything on the HU was set to flat... should I try bass boost?
problem sealed my sinle 10 type r could out bump 2 10's easy

Ya:rolleyes: from the beginning of the build,trying to shove a pair of tens in a single can.I know how enclosures work man.LOL!!
sorry, but im not convinced. you just told someone to use a smaller port on a pair of 10s then i would and have ran on a single 8, and to do it in a box that is far too small. thats a formula for a horrible peak.

sorry, but im not convinced. You just told someone to use a smaller port on a pair of 10s then i would and have ran on a single 8, and to do it in a box that is far too small. Thats a formula for a horrible peak.
lol!!!!

All you need to do is run 80hz high pass to your speakers and 80hz low pass to your subs. If you already did this and are happy with the results, then thats it, have fun and listen and be happy.

The thing is, Type Rs are known to shine in ported enclosures, this does NOT mean they wont work sealed, but your original question was about loudness. They would be louder in a ported enclosure. Thats what most of these people are trying to say.

Fact is, two 10's sealed will not get very loud, unless you have a ton of power and the right sub.

In this case Type Rs like ported better, but you could always go with a sub that would like sealed better...

exactly. I am happy with it> I just tuned the amp way wrong. It sounds pretty good to me now. I actually like it a lot and to be honest the type r's hit pretty nicely in the sealed box. I am looking for sql not straight up spl so theyre good now. When I first posted there was just a little rumble and thats it and it was because of the amp settings. re tuned they sound good no biggie. I can no longer build a ported box and ik what u guys mean and all but its just out of the question. now let the thread die lol

DEAD!!!!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/beatdeadhorse5.gif.5d70132dea1eb89b73bf2fdbb6027dd6.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/beatdeadhorse5.gif.5d70132dea1eb89b73bf2fdbb6027dd6.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/beatdeadhorse5.gif.5d70132dea1eb89b73bf2fdbb6027dd6.gif

sell the type r's and buy 2 sa-8's or vx-8's or dd1508's ported in 1.2-1.4 on that 1k and it will be louder and i bet sound better to

if you do ever wanna upgrade, I'd say with two ported 8's they'd take up about the same space as your 10s are now, and I bet they'd be louder

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.