Portable/Storable Router Table

Participant count
  • Participant list

shake this
10+ year member

For those that need a larger router table then what you can find at the local hardware chains but don't want to spend the $300 plus or have the floor space to keep it, this is one that I built for a current build I'm doing. Thought I'd pass it along.

The sawhorses I picked up from Harbor freight for $30.00. I made the "planter boxes" out of 1/2 MDF to give them some more height.

Installsandmore069.jpg

The fence was built out of scrap wood and plexiglass I had. THe plexiglass box was implemented so could hook up a shop vac but still see the router bit when I was doing close cuts.

Installsandmore070.jpg

Simple and easy 1/2" bolt with a wing nut to adjust the fence.

Installsandmore071.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

3/4" MDF for the top, slots cut out so the 1/2? bolts will slide and keep the fence somewhat square to the router bit. Remember, because the router bit is not a strait blade, the fence doesn't have to be perfectly square like on a table saw.

Installsandmore073.jpg

mounted a power strip to the side so I could plug both the router and shop vac in and have one switch to turn both on and off. Make sure to position the router with the bit adjustment facing you so it's easier when you need to adjust the bit height.

09fa015b.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

and the finished (for now) project.

b255cd6e.jpg

Installsandmore033.jpg

Installsandmore035.jpg

Big enough to handle most any job yet can be broken down and put away in less then 10 minutes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.