10" subs and Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gioss
10+ year member

I am looking to build a slotted box for 2 alpine SWS-10d4 and I had a couple of questions.

First, I was thinking about using the Massive D2400 to move those, I have the D3600 pounding 2 JL 12W3 and it pounds, and the price is good for the amp. Any suggestions for a better amp for the same price?

Second, about positioning the sub box, was thinking of facing the speakers to the rear and the ports into the car. How would this affect the sound? Or do should I face them both to the rear?

Third, I am using the RE Box calculator, if I tune the box to 35hz would that be for any speaker I put in it? 10 or 12? I would think that frequency would change depending on what size speaker I use?

Always have both the subs and port facing the same direction, you can get some funky sounds if you don't. RE Box Calculator is wrong when it comes to tuning, google search Torres Box Calculator. Box tuning, as far as I know, is not changed by the size of the woofer. What is the rated power and price of that massive d2400?

Well, I have a D3600 running 2 JL12w3's in a sealed enclosure, and it rocks, never gets hot, I have driven cross country non stop a couple of times with the system playing and never had an issue. The Massive is about $230 bucks and was going to go or their 800.4 for highs.

If you want a more powerful amp so you can upgrade in the future you can find Hifonics BRX1600.1d amps for $200 online, they're rated at 1600W RMS@1 ohm. Why are you changing to 2 10's if you're happy with your 12's? I'd make a custom box for the 12's before changing to a completely different setup.

If you want a more powerful amp so you can upgrade in the future you can find Hifonics BRX1600.1d amps for $200 online, they're rated at 1600W RMS@1 ohm. Why are you changing to 2 10's if you're happy with your 12's? I'd make a custom box for the 12's before changing to a completely different setup.
That massive is a better amp then that hifonics. Both are overrated but the massive is better.

honestly any amp that puts out roughly 1kw rms at 1ohm is going to be fine. The type s subs dont need alot of power to sound good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.