1 sub at 2krms or 2 subs at 1k/each - opinions?

also if u are getting a sub that can take 2k well some of those may need more power that 1k each.. so if u run 2k to 1 u can get a beefier sub if u do 2 maybe get next level down "lighter" subs that would work better on the 1k.. like they said don't try to stuff 2 subs in a small box, if u have room for 1 just get 1..

I recently went from one x10 v2 @30hz (1500rms) to 2 SA15's @34hz (750rms ea) with same amp. Huge difference.

From minor shaking mirrors to rear view mirror starting to call it quits. When weather is warm, my R.Mirror is useless.

My visor sounds like 5hit, my passenger door sounds like 5hit and from outside my truck, my rear window sounds like 5hit. Alsosomething under my truck sounds like 5hit. 5hit I never knew made noise when I had the x10.

But... I am still not satisfied Lol

So a related question: how about using lots of those little 6.5 inch subs which require tiny boxes? on paper it seems power and space efficient, but what am i missing?
IDK.. seems that complexity would be an issue, but hey... if you'd prefer and you can load the amp correctly... why not?

If it was me on a 2K amp... a pair of Sa-12's would be about right, easy to fit and simple to build... lol...

scE4gj.jpg

Just sayin'

lol, i should probably finish that box design you gave me (have done majority of cuts, need to do 45s on the bracing, maybe round over the port edge) and just enjoy it first. it's just that i have a new mono amp and want to find a use for the sub channel of my 5 channel amp, i might get a 3rd alpine 10 and just smack that in there, we'll see.

lol, i should probably finish that box design you gave me (have done majority of cuts, need to do 45s on the bracing, maybe round over the port edge) and just enjoy it first. it's just that i have a new mono amp and want to find a use for the sub channel of my 5 channel amp, i might get a 3rd alpine 10 and just smack that in there, we'll see.
Which design did you get from me?.. I got around 100 designs all saved in my email and I kinda lost track of which was which... sorry OP not threadjacking

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.