1 ohm stable 4 channel amp

Participant count
  • Participants list

Theo

CarAudio.com Newbie
I got impedance issue with my door speakers being at 2.7 ohm and my tweeters being at 4 ohm which shows my current amp a impedance that it can’t handle for long. My question is: does anyone know of a 1 ohm stable 4 channel amp that won’t break the bank.
How are Cervin Vega amps?

So they're wired parallel w/o a component crossover?
At a minimum the tweeter has a filter, right?
So at low frequencies that filter will present high impedance keeping the overall impedance of the system pretty much determined by the woofer.
At high frequencies the inductive reactance of the woofer will cause it to present a much higher impedance which should counteract the relatively low impedance of the tweeter.

If your amp is struggling my guess is there's something else going on. What amp is it?

So they're wired parallel w/o a component crossover?
At a minimum the tweeter has a filter, right?
So at low frequencies that filter will present high impedance keeping the overall impedance of the system pretty much determined by the woofer.
At high frequencies the inductive reactance of the woofer will cause it to present a much higher impedance which should counteract the relatively low impedance of the tweeter.

If your amp is struggling my guess is there's something else going on. What amp is it?

Attachments

• BCC7B038-ACBD-4D10-A696-775596FDFE65.jpeg
    BCC7B038-ACBD-4D10-A696-775596FDFE65.jpeg
    252.3 KB · Views: 211
Is that amp any good? It meets specs needed but how is the quality?
top tier. I've been running 2 ohms bridged aka 1 ohm for a while now, runs cool, efficient and powerful, does more than the rated 100 watts on the amp dyno.

This is the 8604, basically the same as the 8704 because its an older generation. The 8704 is a newer generation, has better parts and build quality improved over the 8604

T
top tier. I've been running 2 ohms bridged aka 1 ohm for a while now, runs cool, efficient and powerful, does more than the rated 100 watts on the amp dyno.

This is the 8604, basically the same as the 8704 because its an older generation. The 8704 is a newer generation, has better parts and build quality improved over the 8604

thanks a lot. I will definitely buy this pioneer amp after watching the dyno test

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.