1 ohm stable 4 channel amp

Theo

CarAudio.com Newbie
Feb 8, 2020
Galveston Texas
I got impedance issue with my door speakers being at 2.7 ohm and my tweeters being at 4 ohm which shows my current amp a impedance that it can’t handle for long. My question is: does anyone know of a 1 ohm stable 4 channel amp that won’t break the bank.
How are Cervin Vega amps?

n2audio

OPTIDRIVEN
10+ year member
Dec 29, 2001
Lawrence, KS
So they're wired parallel w/o a component crossover?
At a minimum the tweeter has a filter, right?
So at low frequencies that filter will present high impedance keeping the overall impedance of the system pretty much determined by the woofer.
At high frequencies the inductive reactance of the woofer will cause it to present a much higher impedance which should counteract the relatively low impedance of the tweeter.

If your amp is struggling my guess is there's something else going on. What amp is it?

OP
Theo

Theo

CarAudio.com Newbie
Feb 8, 2020
Galveston Texas
So they're wired parallel w/o a component crossover?
At a minimum the tweeter has a filter, right?
So at low frequencies that filter will present high impedance keeping the overall impedance of the system pretty much determined by the woofer.
At high frequencies the inductive reactance of the woofer will cause it to present a much higher impedance which should counteract the relatively low impedance of the tweeter.

If your amp is struggling my guess is there's something else going on. What amp is it?

Attachments

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
Is that amp any good? It meets specs needed but how is the quality?
top tier. I've been running 2 ohms bridged aka 1 ohm for a while now, runs cool, efficient and powerful, does more than the rated 100 watts on the amp dyno.

This is the 8604, basically the same as the 8704 because its an older generation. The 8704 is a newer generation, has better parts and build quality improved over the 8604

Reactions: Theo
OP
Theo

Theo

CarAudio.com Newbie
Feb 8, 2020
Galveston Texas
T
top tier. I've been running 2 ohms bridged aka 1 ohm for a while now, runs cool, efficient and powerful, does more than the rated 100 watts on the amp dyno.

This is the 8604, basically the same as the 8704 because its an older generation. The 8704 is a newer generation, has better parts and build quality improved over the 8604
thanks a lot. I will definitely buy this pioneer amp after watching the dyno test

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds