1 amp, 2 sub woofers - same size or not, single 2 chamber enclosure. ported & sealed?

Try it out. I'd love to see 3 8's sealed, followed up with 2 15's ported. If you're gonna do 2 subs only, do a 12 sealed and a 15 ported.
we are def on the same page 12 for punch and 15 for LFE. Thanks for your reply!

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Or do a 12w6 sealed and a 13w7 ported.
cant afford JL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif
OP, it would be a monumental waste of space, money and time to do different style enclosures in the same vehicle. Like previously stated, the resonant frequency of a ported box and a sealed box of the same dimension is going to be different. The ported box is going to overwhelm the output of the sealed box, but thanks to the different resonances, each wave will cancel one another out. You will actually have less output, crappier sound and equipment longevity issues than doing a traditional sealed or traditional ported enclosure.

If you are looking for the best of both worlds, build a low tuned ported enclosure using quality "SQ" oriented subs (ID, JL, Morel, *certain lines from plenty of other companies*), a quality amp (JL Slash, Kicker SX, ARC, Audison, etc) good RCAs and a nice "SQ" deck (99PRS, 80PRS, Clarion 71**). A good signal system (HU, RCA, Amp) combined with a proper enclosure will ensure accurate and non-coloured tonal response. Any sub could actually sound great like this, but some of those named are less output oriented with better specs for what I think you're wanting.

Don't, I repeat, don't do what your OP speaks of unless the sealed sub is on its own amp and is completely crossed-over to play a different set of frequencies from your ported sub. Ex. Ported Subsonic~63hz Sealed 63~100hz
i should have been more clear. the ported side would be like 2.5 aqnd the sealed side woudlbe like 1.25.

If you supposedly "did it all". You would know this is a stupid fvcking idea... It's been said you will have cancellation among other problems and you refuse to listen so what "input" would you like?
settle down this dude was not OP i am lol. have a smoke. i didnt really understand what this guy was getting at either...

Stop talking and go do it. You have a shop, get us some results already.......
dont have a shop, wish i did. worked in one as a teen. i will come back with results. thanks for your reply!

umm hey retard im not the one doing it,im trying to let the guy who posted this thread know its not going to work
right? he got all crazy at you and not even OP lol this forum people have strong feelings. youre all good man.

i should have been more clear. the ported side would be like 2.5 aqnd the sealed side woudlbe like 1.25.
This would cause even more problems, as impedance rise for each sub would be way off at every hz. This is one of those things that all the people screaming "DON'T DO IT!" are right.

EDIT: Just an FYI OP, every time I read your posts, I do it in Jim Carrey's voice. Thumbsup!

I think there's a lot of really bad information being thrown around on this thread.

Give it a whirl, OP, if you think the sound of many different speakers all over the place is pleasing you'll probably be really happy. I believe in theory this could actually be made to work, but there's far more variables involved once you actually start packing multiple speaker systems in a car than "ported box plays lows and sealed box plays fast" or whatever other crap people think when they consider this idea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.