1 amp, 2 sub woofers - same size or not, single 2 chamber enclosure. ported & sealed?

snax
10+ year member

midwest
1 amp, 2 sub woofers - same size or not, single 2 chamber enclosure, one sub ported and one sub sealed for a mix of SPL and SQ.

Input requested from people who have tried this. First off the subs even of not the same size will have the same or close RMS I also understand that subsonic and gain will not be 100% ideal for both but..? I have been throwing around this idea for 10 -12 years but never did it. Who has? How did it sound? I'm just looking for a happy medium and it would be neat to design and build this enclosure.Ill post results one day but I'm sure I'm not the only person who has thought of this. I have had the best luck with ported subs firing towards passenger side of the car with port back and sealed sub pointed back. So basically I'm talking about a box with a ported sub firing at the passenger side of the trunk with a port point towards the rear with a sealed sub next to it. What would you do? a 10 and a 15? a 12 and a 18? 2 12s? 2 10s? Any input welcome. Thanks!

because its not going to work,one sealed and one ported are going to be doing different frequencies and end up cancelling each other,and one a different size then the other,the bigger one will drowned out the smaller one,its pointless,its not going to work so dont do it

because its not going to work,one sealed and one ported are going to be doing different frequencies and end up cancelling each other,and one a different size then the other,the bigger one will drowned out the smaller one,its pointless,its not going to work so dont do it
challenge accepted...

dude really? then why did you want input if you are not going to listen to anyone?
who made you, one person audio god? i want input not a mommy to tell me what i can and cant do. I heard your thoughts and opinions and thank you for them. Im going to try it no matter what happens on forums.

who made you, one person audio god? i want input not a mommy to tell me what i can and cant do. I heard your thoughts and opinions and thank you for them. Im going to try it no matter what happens on forums.
lol ok well then im done with trying to help you,bye,bye

lol ok well then im done with trying to help you,bye,bye
I am truly sorry that i hurt your feelings. I should have made it clear that I wasn't looking for a yes/no, just input. I have noted your opinions on my question and thank you for them. Respect to you audio brother and thank you for your replies.

I am truly sorry that i hurt your feelings. I should have made it clear that I wasn't looking for a yes/no, just input. I have noted your opinions on my question and thank you for them. Respect to you audio brother and thank you for your replies.
my feeling are not hurt,just trying to save you alot of wasted time and money,i was new to all this once too,ive done exactly what you are wanting to do,yes it looks cool but thats about all.2 10's 2 12's and 2 15's all together in one box,and in separate chambers in the same vehicle been there done that and its a waste man.

my feeling are not hurt,just trying to save you alot of wasted time and money,i was new to all this once too,ive done exactly what you are wanting to do,yes it looks cool but thats about all.2 10's 2 12's and 2 15's all together in one box,and in separate chambers in the same vehicle been there done that and its a waste man.
i have been into car/home audio since i was 14, I'm 33 now. worked as a mobile installer for 6 years in a shop the rest at home, haven't done this type of enclosure the whole time. 6 hours and $25 for a sheet of 3/4 particle i can spare. just never tried it. What size sub/amp combination, configuration did you try?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.