1 12w6v2 sealed box review

limitkid7
5,000+ posts

sell wite
GA
1 12w6v2 sealed box review w/ 750 rms goin to sub

The subwoofer is more than expected

its a powerful sq / spl sub giving u the best sql i've heard (ever)

it delivers the extensive low end that jl is known for

by listening to various types of music, it seems like the sub best performs on low notes of any song. by playing the same types of music on other subs, this one knows how to really go low. lacking somewhat at the high end bass notes. the RMS of the sub is 400 watts and I was able to put about 375 watts to it to see if it would still move and perform at an expected level, and it didn't disappoint me.

the tracks i used to test the sub

i love big speakers

goo goo dolls - iris

alien ant farm - movies

snoop dog - church to palace

touch them other hitters - c murder

big tymers - oh yeah

korn - here to stay

linkin park - a place for my head?

i agree with your review....i miss mine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

1.42 cu ft

and i think my opinion is pretty vaild considering the kinds of subs that i've heard and the different type or setups (don't make me list them)

how about the punch?

dit it have the hit you could feel in your chest?

thats what I want in my trunk but passed up a w6v2 for 2 10" jbl GTIs

Yo limitkid, ive read ur posts on the 12w6v2 sealed and ported and i see u know a lot about them. Right now i have one 12w6v2 inverted in a 1.25cf sealed box hooked up to a jbl 600. Im thinking about building the slot ported box reccommended on the JL manual. Do you know what this JL box is tunned to because it doesnt say although i remember someone saying it was like 31hz. I see you have used 35hz. What size box were you using for your ported design? and did you use a low pass filter? I think ur sealed box was about 1.5cf and you said it sounded real good so i might just make a larger sealed box. I kinda have a lot of options right now, i want some more spl but i want to keep my sq and my good low end. What would you reccommend?? Thanks in advance

my sealed box was 1.42 cu ft

and the box for the 2 that i have now ported is 35 hertz. i think its good to tune it at about that. i'm not sure about what jl recommends, but if they say 31 hrtz, then maybe yo'ull just have a lower end.

as far as doing it w/the amp you have - i wouldn't b/c u don't have a subsonic filter...

are you looking for a 2nd one?? if so hit me up.

the box for my ported design is umm 3.623 cu ft

again that's for 2 subs... i do know - after talkin w/a jl dealer that having ur sub mounted that way does loose a little sq/spl so mayb eyou might want to change it up and mount it regular to see if there's a difference in the spl/sq & also don't forget to re-tune ur amp (u might want to do all that stuff before u go building a new box).

Originally posted by slug420 how about the punch?

dit it have the hit you could feel in your chest?

thats what I want in my trunk but passed up a w6v2 for 2 10" jbl GTIs
you can feel the subs, sorry but umm i think jbl subs can't compare to w6v2's.. no competition right there..

Originally posted by limitkid7 my sealed box was 1.42 cu ft

and the box for the 2 that i have now ported is 35 hertz. i think its good to tune it at about that. i'm not sure about what jl recommends, but if they say 31 hrtz, then maybe yo'ull just have a lower end.

as far as doing it w/the amp you have - i wouldn't b/c u don't have a subsonic filter...

are you looking for a 2nd one?? if so hit me up.

the box for my ported design is umm 3.623 cu ft

again that's for 2 subs... i do know - after talkin w/a jl dealer that having ur sub mounted that way does loose a little sq/spl so mayb eyou might want to change it up and mount it regular to see if there's a difference in the spl/sq & also don't forget to re-tune ur amp (u might want to do all that stuff before u go building a new box).
As for the "looking for a 2nd one?" were u talkin about the sub? i wasnt really sure what u ment cuz i am thinkin about buying another sub.

For the comments on the inverted sub(not tyring to doubt you at all) i found mine to be louder, (at least this is what i think) with it invereted because my box is on the small side. Its only 1.25 and with the magnet in the box when its mounted regularly theres even less net volume than the 1.25. If i decide to go ported i do realize that i wil have to get a low pas filter however i am stil trying to figure exactly what hz the jl reccommend slot ported box for the 12w6v2 is tuned to. Do you know? Will a jl dealer know? How much was your ported design lacking the low end that the sealed had, i really dont want to loose that, maybe i can just tune it real low. Again, thanks for your help.

yea i'm offering anohter sub to you.....

contact me

limitkid7 - yahoo/ aol

or give me whatever mess. service you have.

as far as tuning i'll find out for you but it will take a few days

Originally posted by limitkid7 you can feel the subs, sorry but umm i think jbl subs can't compare to w6v2's.. no competition right there..
what do you mean they cant compare?

u mean one w6v2 will hit harder?

be louder?

sound cleaner?

all of the above?

i shopped around for quite a while, didnt want elementals, came to the conclusion that 1 w6v2 wouldnt be loud enough for me, couldnt afford 2 w6v2s or 1 w7, and didnt see any real dominant sub in the remaining brands I was lookin at - infinity, RF, Kicker, audiobahn etc etc.... so i saved a boatload of money and got a JBL setup with gti components too. If I made a mistake then maybe my install for the JBLs will permit me to swap them out for w6v2s when i get some money later on....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.