jl audio 12w6v2-d4 and a 2000rms amp

Participant count
  • Participants list

BmanGames

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
so i got a single 12 jl audio and a skar rp 2000

i wanna use the single 12 instead of 2 12s i got in my car (skar) but dont wanna over power the 12 and blow it, but i want to have it hit good
any advice on whats safe and what not

edit, amp is a skar rp 2000

Last edited:
Just be easy setting the gain you'll be fine
so would u say anything past half way on the gain is over powering? current settings on amp

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    186.7 KB · Views: 14
so would u say anything past half way on the gain is over powering? current settings on amp
I'd say anything that could push your sub past xmax or sends a clipped signal is too much...if you're doing it by "ear" start with the gain all the way off and slowly work it up until either you hear distortion or the sub is close to the mechanical limits and back the gain down a fair bit...but the multimeter method above is definitely safer if your amp puts out way more than your sub can take

I'd say anything that could push your sub past xmax or sends a clipped signal is too much...if you're doing it by "ear" start with the gain all the way off and slowly work it up until either you hear distortion or the sub is close to the mechanical limits and back the gain down a fair bit...but the multimeter method above is definitely safer if your amp puts out way more than your sub can take
Ive done by ear for so many years and so far havent had any issues this way,,, So Far.LOL. The DMM method is one of the safest ways to do it,or one of these will work as well. Ive been thinking about this one for a while or something similar in a compact unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...