jl audio 12w6v2-d4 bottoming out

Participant count
  • Participant list

BmanGames

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
i was listening to DNA by Kendrick Lamar, and when the song goes into its second verse where the bass drops real low, i noticed the sub was bottoming out, sounded like a thud (like it was hitting wood) when it would hit a certain deep note, i turned the gain down slightly and it was good, just wanted to make sure i didnt damage anything from it hitting that note a few times, i took it outta the box but looks good just wanted yalls voice on this

edit: this part of the song

Last edited:
What kind of box are yo using? Tuning & size..

Any Subsonic filter set on your system?

What kind of power you feeding it?
umm custom box, not sure on the tuning and size tbh, subsonic was turned off just gain was turned up, 1250 watts max,

umm custom box, not sure on the tuning and size tbh, subsonic was turned off just gain was turned up, 1250 watts max,
like i said tho, i turned it down the second i heard it bottom out, played some other songs including dna again and sounded fine just wanted to make sure i shouldnt be worried

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...