08' Rainbow crossover ??

Participant count
  • Participant list

andrios
10+ year member

Chicago
Sup guys, just got my new SLC 265's. Im kinda confused with the crossover, its not like the rectangular version which only has a +,- for the input and 2 spots for woofer, 3 spots for tweeter. I know most people have an option to wire the tweets down to 0db or -db, but Im a noob and I think mine just uses jumpers..... Anyone have a picture of the proper way to wire the crossover? It looks like this one.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=7048

I read the manual and played around with the jumpers, Im still kinda confused. What is the main diff between these round crossovers and the rectangular ones?

Also I hate the cover on it, its a pain to remove lol. The tweeters are pretty **** loud tho!!

Thanks

Ok I figured it out, I guess its kinda cool to have the jumpers there is many options to work with.

I know how to change the jumpers but can I do it while the car is on and playing music or do I gotta turn the car off first?? LOL I got the f90bt so turning on and off is a pain when I gotta wait like 20-35 sec for it to turn on....I forget how it sounded before I changed jumpers LOL.

Thanks

Sorry another stupid question...........when I am using the crossovers what setting should I use for the amp? FULL or HIGH?

Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.