07 xterra build...... for the wifey

redrider
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ok as the title says, this build will be for a 07 Nissan xterra which is my wifes. I just finished up my truck(06 envoy) for now and so its time to start on hers. this build will be slow for now until we get our new floors laid which should happen next week but I have some pics of what I have done so far....

anyways the equipment:

2 12" AQ sdc2.5 d4 subs

MB quart onyx 1600.1

MB quart onyx 80.1

Cadence momentum 6.5" comps

Cadence momentum 6.5" coax 2ways

Box will hopefully be around 4 cubes tuned at 36hz with a 6" round port(still trying to figure out the details....basically trying to squeeze out the 4 cubes)

pics

that's where I am at right now.... like I said before wont see progress until after the floors get done so this week I will be working on the numbers to try and get the 4 cubes or close to it......

LOL, Actually you do way better than I could ever think of doing with glass. I just have to be a little negative to keep you going, lol.
thanks vic...... this build combine pretty much all I have learned/attempted into one build plus more with things I haven't etc.

nissan_x_zps3986f441.jpg

^^^^^

the plexi i will be using for the lit up piece in all of this build. going to try and get the walls and amp shelfs cut this week(inbetween working on my floors) since i have a chop saw....will take advantage of it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

@pro-rabbit

what do you suggest the best way would be to make the plexi to appear an oval shape? i was thinking of doing a oval cutout and flush mounting the plexi into the base and then use the cutout to hold the plexi down and then fiberglassing it to the base.....

There are a few ways.

1. Just use a trim plate to get the oval look

2. Cut the plexi yourself then install in which ever method works best

3. Combination of both 1 and 2.

When doing custom installs there is not always a right/wrong way of doing things. More of a what works best for your skills, tools, and what look you are going for.

There are a few ways.
1. Just use a trim plate to get the oval look

2. Cut the plexi yourself then install in which ever method works best

3. Combination of both 1 and 2.

When doing custom installs there is not always a right/wrong way of doing things. More of a what works best for your skills, tools, and what look you are going for.
well since im still learning etc i guess it will be based off my skills lol

The easiest way would be to...

screw the plexi down to it's location.... then do a trim panel over it with the cutout in the size and shape you want... be sure to rabbit the edge though to hide the material you wrap it with.

He is a very basic retangle plexi but mounted behind a trim panel... (it is screwed to the the trim itself) using the rabbit edge we hid the seem of the carpet..

IMAG0480_zpsf5e5ab51.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.