07 Silverado tweeter suggestions w/ pics

ebmx66
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ive got a couple different spots i could my my rainbow germs tweets but would like some input on what u guys think would be best.... ive got some pics

tweeterlocationpass.jpg

tweeterlocationdriver.jpg

in location 1 sail panel or whatever they call it i am worried about it aiming directly at the dash on the drivers side

in the stock location it aims directly at the windshield ive heard that is bad no?

thanks

I'd experiment with aiming them from multiple locations and see what sounds the best and mount them that way. Try them for a few hours of good listening in each location and then compare. A little two sided velcro can really be your friend here.

people also say keep the tweeter as close to the midbass but i found that if you keep em down low then when people are sittin in the car up front their legs kind of screw up the sound stage

im about to install tweets at location number 2 in a galant and see how it goes

Ive got mine in number 2 and I think the imaging is terrible, although I have a malibu(1998) I imagine the door panels are a little closer to me than in a truck, but it seems like the left one is just blastin in my ear and even though I can fade, it still doesnt sound right. idk maybe its just me but I would like to install my next tweets up in the dash as far as I can to get the best imaging out of them I can.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.