04 Chrysler Pacifica stereo help

diggitydigs

I have an 04 pacifica that is fully loaded with the navigation, 6 disc player and dvd overhead monitor. Ive installed an aftermarket amp and subs by using a scosche line output converter that is tapped into the rear stock subwoofer wires coming out from the stock amp. This way I was able to use the stock unit and keep all of the factory stuff working perfectly.

One issue I am getting is that when my bass hits my lights flicker dramaticly. Ive done the big 3, ive tested the HO alternator and ive even purchased an Optima deep cycle yellow top battery but I still get the light flickering when the bass is pounding. I have a 1300 watt amp with 2 12" subs. I had this same setup in an old Ford Expedition wich even had a smaller rated alternator and battery and I never had a problem with the lights flickering. Im wondering if it has something to do with using the cheaper scosche line output converter? Ive thought about upgrading to the AudioControl LC2i wich is a more expensive converter that will correct the factory output signal for better sound quality and will get rid of the typical factory bass "roll off" that comes from the factory unit and amp. Could this be the problem?

Also, Ive asked awhile back but have never recieved a clear answer. Ultimately I would like to drop in an aftermarket head unit that would allow me to maintain and use all of the factory accessories (6 disc player, dvd monitor, and GPS).Does anyone know of a unit or have any information on wire harnesses or anything?

thanks for your time!!

Anyone??

I messed around with the LOC that I have in there now last night and was able to tune everything a bit better... seems like my lights do not dim as much as before... I think I was under powered on the LOC and overpowered on the amp....

Still would like to find out a way to install an aftermarket deck that would allow me to keep the 6 disc cd/dvd player and all the other stuff... I figure there has to be a deck and/or harness/harness' out there that might work but havent ran acrossed this yet.. There has to be some intaller out there that has gone through this experience??

thanks......

try bigger fuses in all the audio equipment, try bigger gauge wires suited for the amp and speakers. as far as a head unit that lets you use factory navigation, 6cd, and dvd monitor, i don't know of any but im sure if there is..... its a quite expensive HU for sure. talk to your local audioshop if you cant get any better results from here man. hope it helps any.

dimming is best explained by having a volt meter handy. when you add a sound system you violate what the vehicle designers intent was. the vehicle works as it is. as you make changes, such as adding a lot of additional load, your vehicle may not like that in a number of ways.

the LOC is not causing your issue.

install a volt meter and monitor at a number of places.

1. at the battery

2. at the amp terminals

3. at the 12V socket in the dash

do this at idle and at 2000 RPM and note the voltage drop with your typical listening habit (play the same section of song each time for consistency)

if you go aftermarket, you won't be able to still use the factory changer/navi installed. the cabling will not match up, nor will the software/firmware. it's all or nothing. you'll need to buy a separate CD changer, and the aftermarket will need it's own Navi capability with it's own antenna. the monitor may be able to be reused if it has standard connections and your aftermarket has video outputs. but your problem isn't related to any of the factory equipment or LOC. getting an interface that prevents factory bass roll-off will only worsen your dimming problem by making the bass louder.

dimming is a result of voltage drop. if your install is totally separate from the vehicle wiring and the big 3 have been properly upgraded, then your system is not maintaining 14V, and you're dropping. you need to know how bad you are dropping - which is where the volt meter will come in handy.

Thanks for the replies....

Im running 4 AWG wire to the amp, its only one amp, 1300 max at 1 ohm, running two 2 ohm 12" subs bridged to 1 ohm, a 60 amp fuse is inline after the battery. Did the big 3 with 4 AWG wire - before everyone chimes in and tells me that I need 0 AWG - I plan on doing this in a couple days but was told if Im only running 4 AWG for power than 4 AWG for the big 3 is sufficient.

Recently added an Optima yellow top battery and it has helped considerably but still dimming a bit....I think I will be getting the volt meter out and see what kind of readings Im getting and report back.

dude, if you're running a 60A fuse, then you don't need 0 awg wire (nor are you anywhere near 1300W). larger wire will reduce voltage drop at the amp, but won't change voltage drop at the battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.