02 Acura CL-S New Build *AQ, Polk, Sundown, etc.*

Looks good Nick. Make a 3/4" x 3/4" piece where the port came up short. I'm wondering if you switched sides maybe. Don't have the plans in front of me right now to be sure. Port side should have been 3/4" longer then the other side...
x2 port is 3/4" too small compared to your double baffle.

in trunk cars ur supposed not supposed to seal behind the seats. thats where the bass waves travel through and if u seal it up its gonna be a little muffled. id either leave it how it is or just paint/carpet ur box.
x2 i have never understood why people make those beauty panels that seem to block or muffle a lot of the sound that should be getting through into the cabin. I would have tried to forward face and make a panel to somewhat seal it from the trunk to the cabin.

x2 port is 3/4" too small compared to your double baffle.

x2 i have never understood why people make those beauty panels that seem to block or muffle a lot of the sound that should be getting through into the cabin. I would have tried to forward face and make a panel to somewhat seal it from the trunk to the cabin.
yeah that would be ideal if he could keep his back seats down most of the time but still have the room to put them up if he has ppl sitting in the back.

id rather have louder and cleaner bass then have my trunk look a little better with a beauty panel but thats just me.

well I guess I will find out how it sounds and then if it's no good I'll take the beauty panel out. I don't see how it'll distort the sound though?

Well you can come take a look at it whenever and or come help me finish lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

But still with how loud the AQ's get if it's not gonna get as loud, I think I'll be ok. But I'm really ok with taking it out if I have too. But I doubt I will.

As I spent so much time making it look so nice. I think it looks great and will look really good once I'm done.

The last time i did a beauty panel like this in a car, (13w6 had a build thread) i tested it with and without the panel, to me there might have been a very slight difference in overall sound but it could have also been me thinking i heard a difference.

Point is i have not noticed a considerable difference either way, maybe on a meter but not to the ear.

I am doing another cobalt tomorrow with a beauty plate similar to the last and a 13w7, ill try it out again. Maybe the OP can test as well.

I will try and test...thanks a lot for the input! I really like the equipment you chose for your build log! I wish I could have gotten those zapcos you have!

-Nick-

So the build is being place on hold due to the fact we can't figure out whats wrong w/ the wiring. For some reason, and all the wiring is correct, it blew the amp and keeps blowing the fuses on the distro block

wiring may be correct, doest mean its not shorting out or is pinched between some metal. check the entire run of cable. did you use a grommet at the fire wall?

wiring may be correct, doest mean its not shorting out or is pinched between some metal. check the entire run of cable. did you use a grommet at the fire wall?
Yeah I know, thats the only other option I have is that something is grounding out somewhere. So I'm trying to figure it out w/ a DM...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.