01 Civic Install question

Participant count
  • Participant list

fathom 7411
10+ year member

Ok first off im knowledgable in certain aspects of car audio but in others im a little slow. I have just installed one 15.2 Orion H2 in 1.8 cubic foot sealed box. The sub is being ran off a Memphis Mojo 16-2000d. I have a Panasonic cq-hx2083 head unit. and an AudioControl line driver. my problem is getting the amp the proper power it needs to run the sub properly. Reason i say this is i have hooked everything and the **** thing sounded like a was running 600 watts i have had the old 15 HCCA and the **** thing hit harder than hell in my little car . my main question is if i was adding batteries to my car if i added 3 6 volt batteries up to make 18 volts would this cause a problem to my amp. im not sure if someone would be able to help me out and give me the best soltion it would be appreciated. if need be i would also want to try to stay away from adding a new alt if possible.

if i added 3 6 volt batteries up to make 18 volts would this cause a problem to my amp.
Yes this will cause a problem! Unless you have an amp that is rated to run off 18 volts. Car amps run on 12 volts, if you hook them up on 18 volts you will fry them...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.