00' S-10 budget SQ install 2-8's/.48KW

vids will come when install is done, Finished box building pics:

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

A drill bit on those spot welds for the jack bracket works very well. I've removed them from two S-10s I've owned this way. Drill them all the way out, then pry it away with a hammer/chisel, and silicone the holes.

Install looks nice! Great job on the enclosure. I remember the days of trying to cram a box behind the seat. It's weird to see what an S-10 looks like without a hole through the cab/bed... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

A drill bit on those spot welds for the jack bracket works very well. I've removed them from two S-10s I've owned this way. Drill them all the way out, then pry it away with a hammer/chisel, and silicone the holes.
Install looks nice! Great job on the enclosure. I remember the days of trying to cram a box behind the seat. It's weird to see what an S-10 looks like without a hole through the cab/bed... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I can chuck a 1/2" bit in my 3/8" drill (it has a shank on it so it'll fit) and just barely drill out the rivets and chisel the bracket off without ever going through the back of the cab, that is if all goes as planned......

chereck04 says my system is the best box/install a beginner has DIYed he has ever seen. I need to be going to work soon so the bracket may get removed tomorrow but i'd like to do it right now because it's actually above freezing.

Well i suppose I'll do a little update, Pics:

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg
IMG_0309.jpg
IMG_0310.jpg

Xover on HU set at 63hz, box is not actually attached to the truck but is snug all around. The jack bracket was a pain in the you know what.....

Vids will come at a later date after they are broken in some more, any song suggestions besides Bass I Love You?

I thought I was the only one who used Autodesk Inventor. You work in the drafting field?
I used it as a mechanical engineering intern at a place called custom engineering last summer, There is only one actual engineer so I was virtually his assistant.

I could not have built this box to have those clearances without inventor, and in the pictures there is a 1/8" gap between the amp and the center console which is very difficult to see.

I must say I'm thoroughly impressed. I went for a ride with "slopecarver" after we got it in his truck today, and it sounds nice. Blends really well with the front stage. It's definately the prettiest "first system" I have ever seen hahaha. One of the nicest parts about his box is that you don't have to move the seat forwards.

FML, FMMFL, FM

2 weeks ago a thief took my HU, cracked my dash bezel, took the antenna adapter, wiring harness that was nicely soldered and heat shrunk, busted the dome light too. I was parked on a street in a NICE neighborhood ($400k-$600k homes) just so happens that where I was parked is between a relatively close lower income neighborhood and a basketball court in the park. I'll bet $1000 I know the race of the theif...

Ordered another replacement from overstock.com, I figured even if it was a refurb it would work fine.... it doesn't, tiny scratches over the face of it, volume knob that is on crooked, and the biggest of all, major feedback from the RCA outputs. not even really feedback, more like a full volume 120hz noise. I know it is the HU because plugging my laptop directly into the RCA jacks in the dash produced banging basstronics from youtube without noise.

So here is my plan:

dash bezel out of a 2003/04 chevy s-series which has a 2DIN opening rather than the retarded 1.5DIN stock bezel

metra 99-2003 double DIN aftermarket adapter faceplate,

bybyte double din liliput LCD frame

Sure 4x100 amp

Some mini-itx board, yet undecided

liliput monitor/touchscreen, yet undecided

automotive dc-dc ITX power supply, yet undecided.

custom ITX/Amplifier case

sounds way expensive to me, If you have any input let me know.

Nothing like reviving a dead thread for upgrades.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.