00' S-10 budget SQ install 2-8's/.48KW

Box mock-up In inventor with dimensions:

boxdimensions.jpg

What program is this?

Box mock-up In inventor with dimensions:
boxdimensions.jpg
What program is this?

That would be Autodesk Inventor, if anyone here has access to a .edu email then I can help you obtain a free and legal copy of the program. PM me for details. I'll get free swag out of the deal after a few people too.

Thanks, it keeps me thinking positive while i'm doing homework. If anyone here is considering a degree in mechanical engineering, DON'T, unless you like math. I'm working on differential equations and it is TOUGH.

pm on the way!!!!

inventor ftw

I guided slopecarver through his wiring install tonight. I will let him go in to the details, but essentially we re-used some left over wire I had laying around from other jobs. Wire didn't match, but a little split loom and techflex goes a long way. The whole install cost him $20, can't go wrong there.

Well as chereck04 said, I got my wires in. BUT he charged me $25 for the power wire+connector, 2' of techflex, 3 feet of wire loom and a cheap stinger fuseblock and use of his 50 degree garage and a lil help. Took about 3 hours to do properly and even then I'm not too satisfied with where we had to run the power wire. It's tucked behind the fender for a little bit then in the door jam and squeezed through a hole in flexy rubber connector for wires of the door (6" of which is visible but it's the same color as my truck). There are no visible grommets in the passenger side of an latest gen s-series. RCA and accessory wire is run through the center console and the accessory switch is mounted in the CD holder of the center console, s-series owners would know what I'm talking about. Total wire lengths used: 10' 4gauge+ 1' ground, 12' RCA RG59u (9' would have worked), 10' single strand of 18gauge speaker wire for accessory. Total cost came to $28.44 with my RCA cables from monoprice.

We didn't have the proper tools or a grommet to seal it water tight.

tools = right sized drill bit.. give me a break, 99% of my tools are at home haha.. the whole through-the-door thing = blah.. i doubt it will effect anything because there is not really any place it can rub.. I ran my first few setups like that, not my preferred way of doing things but it works in a pinch. We can always re-run the wire in the summertime when its not so **** cold outside haha.

have you figured out how to properly set the time on this HU? You can PM me if you want because I have the same unit and have misplaced the directions.
turn the unit off then press the middle of the dial, you can get the manual from pioneer's website.

My battery has been dying a slow death, the only thing thats kept it alive was the daily use. Today I picked up a Duralast Gold Top at Autozone as per the recommendation of chereck04.

My battery has been dying a slow death, the only thing thats kept it alive was the daily use. Today I picked up a Duralast Gold Top at Autozone as per the recommendation of chereck04.
best cheapo battery you can buy around here

I was over at chereck04's place making MDF dust, got all the components of my box cut except the front baffles which require holes cut and bevels cut along 2 sides. In all reality i could have my box done tomorrow but that's xmas eve so probably not. I'm just going to use a charcoal carpet to cover it. Pics to come eventually.

I made some more dust today with the radial arm saw (ripping angles) and the router for cutting circles which killed the bit so I moved to the jigsaw and finished up the circles. Only thing left to cut are the recessed pockets so the magnet doesn't hit the bottom or the back of the box. This box is tiny, made from a 3'x7'x3/4" MDF with about 5 square feet of scraps. It has taken me entirely too long to cut all the pieces.

Thanks, it keeps me thinking positive while i'm doing homework. If anyone here is considering a degree in mechanical engineering, DON'T, unless you like math. I'm working on differential equations and it is TOUGH.

ME is a pain in the ass, im in mechanical engineering technologies (slower math) and it is still such hard math i look like this in class --> //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

good looking build so far though

i also have the same HU //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.