00' S-10 budget SQ install 2-8's/.48KW

Well as chereck04 said, I got my wires in. BUT he charged me $25 for the power wire+connector, 2' of techflex, 3 feet of wire loom and a cheap stinger fuseblock and use of his 50 degree garage and a lil help. Took about 3 hours to do properly and even then I'm not too satisfied with where we had to run the power wire. It's tucked behind the fender for a little bit then in the door jam and squeezed through a hole in flexy rubber connector for wires of the door (6" of which is visible but it's the same color as my truck). There are no visible grommets in the passenger side of an latest gen s-series. RCA and accessory wire is run through the center console and the accessory switch is mounted in the CD holder of the center console, s-series owners would know what I'm talking about. Total wire lengths used: 10' 4gauge+ 1' ground, 12' RCA RG59u (9' would have worked), 10' single strand of 18gauge speaker wire for accessory. Total cost came to $28.44 with my RCA cables from monoprice.

Passenger side footwell in the center, right by where the carpet ends. Pull back the carpet a little bit and you will see where the antenna enters the car through this oversized grommet. Its a straight shot from the battery. If your having trouble finding it, cram your hand behind the carpet and then tug on the antenna lead from the where it terminated by the head unit.

I made some more dust today with the radial arm saw (ripping angles) and the router for cutting circles which killed the bit so I moved to the jigsaw and finished up the circles. Only thing left to cut are the recessed pockets so the magnet doesn't hit the bottom or the back of the box. This box is tiny, made from a 3'x7'x3/4" MDF with about 5 square feet of scraps. It has taken me entirely too long to cut all the pieces.
I find it funny that my box took like 1/2 the time yours did to cut, and its ~4x bigger haha..

I find it funny that my box took like 1/2 the time yours did to cut, and its ~4x bigger haha..
yours is also a rectangle plus you have the proper tools and are alot more motivated.

Anyways, I have the box mostly glued up except for the baffles and the top. It takes some time to glue it together with 4 bar clamps, some rope and walmart spring loaded clamps.

DSC00316.jpg

I built this while i wasn't building my box:

DSC00314.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

Air filter setup:

DSC00317.jpg

wow I like how you took pictures to show off your AWESOME work space //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Looks great so far!

wow I like how you took pictures to show off your AWESOME work space //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Looks great so far!
I can't tell if that is sarcasm or not.....

The workbench took 30 2x4x8's, 3 sheets of 3/4" ply and 1 sheet of 1/4" hardboard. Mounted lights are under cabinet models from walmart. I can rip a 4x8 sheet of plywood in half with this setup all by myself but it's kinda tricky and unsafe. I am at least 2 feet from the blade at all times to do this so it isn't too unsafe but the cut off sheet could fall.

Heres a pic of my truck hauling the workbench

DSC00298.jpg

I dont think it was sarcasm, looks like you did pretty well with the space provided.

Then again maybe BJ is being awnry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The workbench took 30 2x4x8's, 3 sheets of 3/4" ply and 1 sheet of 1/4" hardboard. Mounted lights are under cabinet models from walmart. I can rip a 4x8 sheet of plywood in half with this setup all by myself but it's kinda tricky and unsafe. I am at least 2 feet from the blade at all times to do this so it isn't too unsafe but the cut off sheet could fall.
No I'm being serious!

Heres a pic of my truck hauling the workbench

DSC00298.jpg
i want that s-10:fyi:

i want that s-10:fyi:
Why? There is a dent in every panel, the passenger rocker panel has been caved in by high centering a ditch by the PO, 4WD either works or not, generally it works. There is a leak in the coolant which I fixed with an egg, The HVAC blower ticks loudly at speed setting 2(my usual setting) and ticks at the other speeds less loudly, the oil is leaking into the coolant and I lost a wheel weight on the front right wheel which makes the vehicle shudder at ~42mph. I still love it tho.

Well i finally got the carpet on the box, final install will happen tonight.

First pic includes chereck04 doing most of the work on the box, blurred out of course for his sake.

Sorry these are only camera phone pics, forgot the canon at home

DSC00328blurred.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

I'm so disappointed we didn't get it in tonight, oh well. Tuesday will be here soon enough.
I concur, f-ing jack bracket and we don't have the tools not to mention it was 25 outside and dark. I will try a drill bit and chisel for the spot welds sometime soon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.