Speaker help with 2019 ram

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jamie clevenger

CarAudio.com Newbie
I bought a new 2019 ram 1500 big horn. It should have 3.5” in the dash and 6x9 in all doors. It’s the base stereo. I’m going to upgrade the speakers to something better but what I want to know is the speakers in the dash have 8ohm stamped on them and I haven’t looked at the 6x9s yet but I was told they are 2 ohm. Should the replacements match those ohms? It will be hard to find 2 ohm x9s. I want them to sound good which I have found that normally doesn’t happen when I change factory speakers for some reason. Normally they have no bass response. Any help would be appreciated. 

Wow they still use 3.5"s? That's crazy, my 85 MR2 has 3.5s in the dash and they **** all the ass. But upgrading the speakers without upgrading anything else will most likely only lead to very disappointing results. You'll need an amp and to deaden the doors for real upgrades.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing the doors, I was already planning on. I’m not to sure how to do an amp with the radio that’s in the truck now. It’s the 8.4” radio and I don’t plan to remove it. I used an inline alpine amp in my last truck but I didn’t have all the features this truck has

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.