Need advice on build

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kristian Kolmkant

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everyone,

I once posted here already asking for advice, but over time my plans have changed. I am going to dramatically upgrade my M3 E36 coupe, thus I have some questions towards the technical issues.

First of all, I want to keep my stock head unit for the OEM look inside. This obviously means that there will be no connection between my old HU and new DLS system( http://www.dls.se/en/car/prod.html?produkt=en_71 + http://www.dls.se/en/car/prod.html?produkt=en_1153 ). What I came up with is to put DSP in between the HU and amplifiers, so my HU will still be working normally, DSP will enhance the signal and push it to an amplifier, which will distribute it among the 8 speakers. Thus, the question is, will this scheme work out? Are there some extra steps that I did not consider? And what DSP will be sufficient to be a bridge between the old HU and new amp?

Thank you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.