Tweeter install location for 2001 silverado

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jaythemason

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm installing my new ppi comps in my work truck. The doors each have a 6.5 then a tweeter above that. I couldn't find room for the huge crossovers so putting them under the seat. I had to widen the stock location for the mid driver, and the stock tweets were very small, and were part of a mounting plate that clipped into the stock location. Anyone have any advice where and how to install a 1.8" tweeter using the stock location? I can always get a bit/ hole saw to drill out the hole, but would like to know what others have done BEFORE I start popping holes in my door, especially because I don't want to see a you tube video in a month showing the most simple solution. Thanks guys

I'm installing my new ppi comps in my work truck. The doors each have a 6.5 then a tweeter above that. I couldn't find room for the huge crossovers so putting them under the seat. I had to widen the stock location for the mid driver, and the stock tweets were very small, and were part of a mounting plate that clipped into the stock location. Anyone have any advice where and how to install a 1.8" tweeter using the stock location? I can always get a bit/ hole saw to drill out the hole, but would like to know what others have done BEFORE I start popping holes in my door, especially because I don't want to see a you tube video in a month showing the most simple solution. Thanks guys
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/how-articles-provided-our-members/53732-cheap-adjustable-easily-replaceable-tweeter-pods.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.