Sound only, no bass

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi, I wired up a sound system and when I turned them on I’m getting only vocals basically, zero bass.  This is the first install I’ve done where I had to use an amplifier add-on converter to hook it up to a factory radio so possibly I did it wrong. Any advice on what I may have done wrong? Thanks.

photos are of the amp/subs I have.

FD7589E3-724C-416C-A270-E27FD4B27D13.jpeg

3A5DD8F8-317B-4856-8520-F31ADC64FAA0.jpeg

1E997A6C-9315-4FCA-860F-F242E4CC8A30.jpeg

D4913843-1866-4CC3-84CE-D96920CF3DF5.jpeg

it would help if you included pictures of the installed amplifier so we can see the connections you made and the final amplifier settings you chose.  Be sure to take photos that let us read the position of each dial. From your question i can't discern if you mean that you hear vocals from the sub or from the other speakers in the car.  Is the sub playing any music? 

I figured out the problem but ended up with a follow up problem. Originally I had the line output converter wired in to my stock rear speakers. I didn’t know it mattered but when I wired them to my front speakers, problem fixed. I now have bass but what the problem is now is that I can only control my bass through the bass control knob. So when I crank the bass, they will pound the same no matter if my radio is on volume 1 or 20. So it’s like the subs and radio are controlled separately.  Plus the subs have full music/vocals coming from them rather then just bass. All of the amp settings were how they came from the factory, all turned up.

step one: no amp is set "from the factory".  every dial needs to be adjusted for your vehicle.  In the image below i added green lights where I recommend you start.  If you're not sure where the dial is pointed, go fully counterclockwise then rotate clockwise to my suggestions below.

Gain: keep this as low as possible

Bass Boost: keep this as low as you can, using some is OK if you boost at the amp and cut bass at the head unit (to remove bass from speakers)

LPF: this is what removes vocals from the sub signal, you want it around 80Hz

Subsonic: this removes low bass from the speaker to protect it.  Not needed with a sealed box but you're safe to use it between 10Hz-20Hz.

Phase Shift: this is adjusted until the bass seems to blend with the speakers in the car.  You'd need specific music selections to listen for when the bass seems to come from the front speakers and not from the sub behind you.

If you've tapped the front speaker output through a LOC (which LOC?) then you should get volume control unless the gain and boost are set too high. 

Ignite-Audio-Mono-Block-Class_57.JPG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.