Sign in to follow this  
94 ranger

Opinions on Good Nano size amp under 250$ for two Sundown SA 8 Woofers

In a space restraint for amp install after making my own center console sub box setup in my ranger .Looking for solid opinions for any newer  nano size amp out there  to handle two sa 8s that is infact built well and will be enough  to do the job . I read the soundtream tn1.1200D  used to be good until they changed the internals .

Taramps Bass 1200.

7"x2"x7"

Edited by Popwarhomie

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

6 hours ago, 94 ranger said:

In a space restraint for amp install after making my own center console sub box setup in my ranger .Looking for solid opinions for any newer  nano size amp out there  to handle two sa 8s that is infact built well and will be enough  to do the job . I read the soundtream tn1.1200D  used to be good until they changed the internals .

That's a impressive amp Dyno Any other tank like  built nano or smaller amps that have solid performance? 

The reviews are mixed a bit especially with people saying that taramps probably beefed up that particular 1200.1 and 1800.1 amp that bigDwiz dynoed . They seem to be  efficient with proper or over suppled voltage. It's a possibility for me but there has to be some other options built like tanks that handle efficiency diff that can dip down to 12.6 or 10v and not stress out knwong for running and running without I'll effect . I can actually go larger on my sub amp but I'm gonna be limited to space with my 4 channel either or one has to be smaller in size .

What's that company in North Carolina that makes a Class D mono 1600.1 that had really good reviews that can only be had direct purchase for like 199 they sell it all red with black letter or black with red lettering . 

4 minutes ago, 94 ranger said:

What's that company in North Carolina that makes a Class D mono 1600.1 that had really good reviews that can only be had direct purchase for like 199 they sell it all red with black letter or black with red lettering . 

Not exactly a "Nano"... lol

ORgaMrJ.jpg

Are you referring to one of these?

JVC KD-X350BTS, Sundown Sa-15 5.7ft3 net ported @ 43hz, Synergy 3K@ 2 ohm, RF 500s, Polk DB comps, Cache Preamp/EQ

On 12/24/2018 at 5:25 PM, shredder2 said:

Not exactly a "Nano"... lol

ORgaMrJ.jpg

Are you referring to one of these?

did you steal that from boomintahoe?

edit, i meant the pic @shredder2 . i saw your reaction of being confused and i couldnt remember whose cargo area pic this belonged to originally.

Edited by youdoofus

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

18 minutes ago, youdoofus said:

did you steal that from boomintahoe?

edit, i meant the pic. i saw your reaction of being confused and i couldnt remember whose cargo area pic this belonged to originally.

Nah... it belonged to some other user who's not around ... "Shredder1"... I believe his name was

Musta moved-on... idk

JVC KD-X350BTS, Sundown Sa-15 5.7ft3 net ported @ 43hz, Synergy 3K@ 2 ohm, RF 500s, Polk DB comps, Cache Preamp/EQ

2 minutes ago, shredder2 said:

Nah... it belonged to some other user who's not around ... "Shredder1"... I believe his name was

Musta moved-on... idk

probably off fighting reptilian amphibians who crave cheese and tomato sauce covered bread discs cut into equal parts forming triangular shapes who also have a penchant for kung-fu fighting

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

1 minute ago, youdoofus said:

probably off fighting reptilian amphibians who crave cheese and tomato sauce covered bread discs cut into equal parts forming triangular shapes who also have a penchant for kung-fu fighting

8D3oGj6.jpg

That MIGHT be be the case... or maybe he was abducted

DFscqou.jpg

28 minutes ago, shredder2 said:

8D3oGj6.jpg

That MIGHT be be the case... or maybe he was abducted

DFscqou.jpg

ff6b586c18862b6a583d3425c8a881c38265b225

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

Op... sorry, no Threadjacking intended

53 minutes ago, shredder2 said:

Op... sorry, no Threadjacking intended

me too. kinda. i do the occasional threadjack just as long as actual answers are also provided like this one https://prvaudio.com/products/a1mh-pro/

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this