Choosing the right speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jared Nelson

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

I am trying to decide which speakers to go with to replace my blown front door speakers in 2004 GMC truck. I have a Kenwood head unit in it already. I believe the output is 50W by 4. Trying to decide between the Rockford Fosgate Prime or Punch series door speakers. I want the best sound quality but dont want to have to install an extra amp for door speakers. Any input will help, thanks

Hello,

I am trying to decide which speakers to go with to replace my blown front door speakers in 2004 GMC truck. I have a Kenwood head unit in it already. I believe the output is 50W by 4. Trying to decide between the Rockford Fosgate Prime or Punch series door speakers. I want the best sound quality but dont want to have to install an extra amp for door speakers. Any input will help, thanks
hello there, and welcome to the forum! when asking about speakers youre going to get a myriad of responses from tons of folks with different viewpoints. That being said, one thing id like to say first. Head units are liars when it comes to wattage. If it says 50x4, its probably more in the range of 15 to 17 by 4, but thats no big deal unless you plan on going big with speakers with enormous magnets and so forth. For standard coaxials like those, either pair will be fine to run directly off your deck. Of course even a small external amp will make them sound tons better, but they will be fine without. 

Between those 2, id get the punches personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.