Which Speakers to get (Polk, Infinity, or JBL)?

Joel114

CarAudio.com Recruit
I am wondering which speaker I should get. They all seem nice and I would need two 6.5" and two 6x9. I was looking at the Polk MM652MM692 (without headphones), Infinity kappa 60.11CS693.11I, JBL Stadium GTO620GT0930, or the JBL GTO609CGTO939. I think getting the JBL GTO609C and GTO939 would be the best bet because it is almost the same as the JBL Stadium GTO620 and GT0930 but $130 cheaper and components for the 6.5". What is your guys opinion on the speakers listed or other ones in a similar price range? What should I get?

I am wondering which speaker I should get. They all seem nice and I would need two 6.5" and two 6x9. I was looking at the Polk MM652MM692 (without headphones), Infinity kappa 60.11CS693.11I, JBL Stadium GTO620GT0930, or the JBL GTO609CGTO939. I think getting the JBL GTO609C and GTO939 would be the best bet because it is almost the same as the JBL Stadium GTO620 and GT0930 but $130 cheaper and components for the 6.5". What is your guys opinion on the speakers listed or other ones in a similar price range? What should I get?
youre probably going to be best served with jbl's overall. but your comparing components to coaxials. what kind of car is it and are you willing to cut holes for the tweets if there arent standard locations?

youre probably going to be best served with jbl's overall. but your comparing components to coaxials. what kind of car is it and are you willing to cut holes for the tweets if there arent standard locations?
Which jbl's, the stadium or non stadium? I would like to drill a hole for components but the polk components are another $100 so if I got them I would just get the coaxials.

I have 2 sets of Polk Audio MM6501's and love them. Soft dome tweeters that don't sound harsh at all plus plenty of good reviews by other owners of them. Those are good brands, let your ears decide for you. What I would do is visit a car audio store, if any still in business, lol, and demo those brands in front of you, minus any bass. I've seen plenty of people that use those brands as well as other brands too.

I have 2 sets of Polk Audio MM6501's and love them. Soft dome tweeters that don't sound harsh at all plus plenty of good reviews by other owners of them. Those are good brands, let your ears decide for you. What I would do is visit a car audio store, if any still in business, lol, and demo those brands in front of you, minus any bass. I've seen plenty of people that use those brands as well as other brands too.
Ya I have called around everywhere and no one carries any of them around me.

Looks like some of those are older models. MM6502 is the latest Polk MM series comps. Check their websites for current models. Sonic and Amazon seem to have old stock well after new models. 

Looks like some of those are older models. MM6502 is the latest Polk MM series comps. Check their websites for current models. Sonic and Amazon seem to have old stock well after new models. 
They are the newer ones. I had the MM652 listed which are a coaxial and not a component like the MM6502.

Boomin_tahoe,   I agree with him

I also have 2 sets of the Polk MM components speakers in my Tacoma Xcad truck and they sound good. 6.5 front and 5.25  rear.  But i had an issue i did not know about till i kept looking and digging till i figured it out one day what was causing the problem. The Polk MM component speakers current models compared to the older modes of Polk MM components and the current models speakers. It's the ohm rating. The older model have a 2 ohm rated and the newer model have 4 ohms,  watch for that in case you have an amplifier issue. In my case the older 2 ohm speakers made my amp put out more power yes but also comes more heat. And having my mid/tweet amp under my passenger seat  and catalytic converter under there too generated extra heat and my amp would shut down after little wile of high volume to cool off. Especially in Southern California traffic on a hot day.  Now i have the newer Polk MM models that are 4 ohm and i have less heat and no more shut downs issues. Oh i know the ?  What amps were you running.  A set of BA amps 4ch for mid/tweet and 2 ch for bass. Sad they don't make them anymore but way good amps. But personally i don't think they were the best for heat dissipation. Some of the BA amp models came with a built in fan but mine did not.  This year i removed the BA amps and installed the new Kenwood XR401-4 High definition amps because i am moving to an all Hi Def set up. Love the Kenwood amps  but that is for an other topic. Thanks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I try and avoid 2 ohms with cheap amps they are better off at 4 ohms to run cooler and retain the sq. Your HD amps are solid they should run anything. 

I try and avoid 2 ohms with cheap amps they are better off at 4 ohms to run cooler and retain the sq. Your HD amps are solid they should run anything. 
Less efficient that way not as loud and not to mention much higher box rise. Cheap amps should be avoided at all costs.

20181210_064608.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.