One door speaker sounds worse than the rest

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kiecam

CarAudio.com Newbie
About two weeks ago, I decided I would buy some budget A-Series (TS-A652F) Pioneer speakers for my door.  3 Ways, all four matching for each door in my car.  I have them hooked up to a JVC KW-M730BT deck, but I don't have an amp for them yet.  That being said, my front passenger, and two rear door speakers sound great.  Really clear, crisp highs, and no distortion on the bass side of things.  However.  My driver door speaker sounds unbelievably muddy in comparison to the rest of the speakers.  I've checked phasing, (and to be honest listening to them in phase vs out of phase they didn't sound much different), I've redone the solders for the wiring, check to make sure the door mount was on tight, and reset every sort of EQ thing on the deck I could find to give a fair comparison, but I can't figure it out, or find anyone else on here thats had a similar problem.  Any help from the car audio wizards would be appreciated as I'm amping them in the next couple weeks and don't want to make the problem worse, or buy a new set of speakers when one works fine.

Current Setup:
Deck - JVC KW-M730BT
Door Speakers - Pioneer TS-A652F 3-way's
Subwoofer - JBL BassPro GT 12"

About two weeks ago, I decided I would buy some budget A-Series (TS-A652F) Pioneer speakers for my door.  3 Ways, all four matching for each door in my car.  I have them hooked up to a JVC KW-M730BT deck, but I don't have an amp for them yet.  That being said, my front passenger, and two rear door speakers sound great.  Really clear, crisp highs, and no distortion on the bass side of things.  However.  My driver door speaker sounds unbelievably muddy in comparison to the rest of the speakers.  I've checked phasing, (and to be honest listening to them in phase vs out of phase they didn't sound much different), I've redone the solders for the wiring, check to make sure the door mount was on tight, and reset every sort of EQ thing on the deck I could find to give a fair comparison, but I can't figure it out, or find anyone else on here thats had a similar problem.  Any help from the car audio wizards would be appreciated as I'm amping them in the next couple weeks and don't want to make the problem worse, or buy a new set of speakers when one works fine.

Current Setup:
Deck - JVC KW-M730BT
Door Speakers - Pioneer TS-A652F 3-way's
Subwoofer - JBL BassPro GT 12"
if all 4 speakers are the same, swap one that sounds good for the one that doesnt and see if the problem is extant. If it fixes it, your culprit id the speaker, if it didnt, its either the wiring, a setting or the deck itself

Sounds like a pain in the butt and it may be... from the back of the deck, run your own speaker wires to the suspect speaker and see if that helps. Just to test it. Who knows what goes on with factory wires... if that is what you are using.

Sounds like a pain in the butt and it may be... from the back of the deck, run your own speaker wires to the suspect speaker and see if that helps. Just to test it. Who knows what goes on with factory wires... if that is what you are using.
I'm putting an amp in soon, so that may be part of the project since I'll have to take some stuff apart irregardless

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.