Sign in to follow this  
Megadave06

Best Amp for single 12” Fi Alpha

Looking for opinions on what budget amp would be best with a Fi alpha 12. It’s going in a 1.4 cu ft sealed enclosure under the seat of my 17’ Silverado crew cab. Looking for something that can be played for a couple hours at a time without overheating. I’m thinking 800w RMS would be ideal and I’ve narrowed it down to these three (but open to other options)

Soundqubed S1-850

Skar RP-800.1d

Pioneer GM-D8601

23 minutes ago, Megadave06 said:

Looking for opinions on what budget amp would be best with a Fi alpha 12. It’s going in a 1.4 cu ft sealed enclosure under the seat of my 17’ Silverado crew cab. Looking for something that can be played for a couple hours at a time without overheating. I’m thinking 800w RMS would be ideal and I’ve narrowed it down to these three (but open to other options)

Soundqubed S1-850

Skar RP-800.1d

Pioneer GM-D8601

SoundQubed gets my vote of the two.

Or even the Synergy 1k: https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/synergy-audio-efa-1k.html 

CarAudio.com mod(original)

23 hours ago, denim said:

SoundQubed gets my vote of the two.

Or even the Synergy 1k: https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/synergy-audio-efa-1k.html 

that soundqubed was on sale for $100 (still is actually) and the soundqubed s1250 is $150

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, that synergy looks like a good amp too, and is on sale for $129 on their website. After researching a lil bit...it seems like I should have an amp that has a slightly higher rms than the sub. Does the sealed enclosure affect this as well? Should it be even higher rms? What would be ideal...1000w or 1200w? 

31 minutes ago, Megadave06 said:

Thanks for the suggestions guys, that synergy looks like a good amp too, and is on sale for $129 on their website. After researching a lil bit...it seems like I should have an amp that has a slightly higher rms than the sub. Does the sealed enclosure affect this as well? Should it be even higher rms? What would be ideal...1000w or 1200w? 

the synergy is a nice amp but if u wanta stay cheaper and u sure u staying sealed u can get the pioneer 9601, pretty cheap and it really does 1200rms.. just set gain low but if u ever need more power u will have it., they are decent amps.. they just don't have ss filter which i recommend for ported boxes but u won't need that.. if u think u will want sub to be loud and may get ported box later get a good 1k-1200rms amp that has ss filter (even audiopipe 1500 does about 1300rms $128 or so) on thses higher rms amps u would wanta set gain low but gives u "headroom"

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this