Kinda new and installing stereo in son's truck

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rangerboats

La.
 When I was young, over 30 years ago I was into Stereo's but have not done any in a very long time. I'm  installing a stereo into my sons truck, a 2012 Toyota 4 Runner. I was hoping for any and all help or guides that I could receive. I spent a week looking around and reading and I've ordered the items, remember this will be my sons first stereo.  Rockford Fosgate punch 300.2 for mids and highs. SSA Evil 6.5 components, a single FU Audio 1500Ti 4-ohm to run at 2-ohm to help on electrical, Hifonics brutus 2016 amp to run at 2-ohm. Pioneer 500ex HU, Knu RCA, Knu concept 0-ga wire for sub amp and Knu concept 4-ga for mids/highs amp. Knu 0-ga for Big 3 run and he also has a Duracell Gel battery.

I will need to build a subwoofer box but I'm doubting my ability to do that and I do not want to use a prefab. Am I missing anything or made a bad call on any Item? Back when I was young (30 years ago) Hifonics was great stuff but I'm not sure now days, so was Fosgate but still not sure. I only knew about the FU audio and the SSA from reading around, I've never listened to them so I'm taking a chance on pretty much everything.  Thanks for your help and advice.

Do not buy a 4ohm and run at 2 ohms. That amp will hardly tickle the 1500ti at 2 ohms. 

It’s always a better idea to run it at 1 ohm and turn the gain down if your electrical can’t keep up instead of wiring to a higher ohm load. 

So I should order the 2-ohm subwoofer and run it at 1-ohm? or buy a different Amp? I just ordered the sub from FU so I'm betting I can change the order in the morning

Edit...it is my understanding the hifonics does 1400 at 2-ohm and the sub is rated at 1500 rms? so the amp will not do what it is rated at? or the subwoofer is far better? Should I buy a different amp or get a FU 1250 subwoofer? thanks, I'm very glad I ask for help because I'm in over my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would swap to the 2 ohm subwoofer. 

Those hifonics don’t do rated. The 3016 dynoed 1800 watts rms. 

With impedance rise you will most likely rise to 4 ohms and not be seeing much power at all. 

I personally would pick up a Wolfram 2400 amp to run at 1 ohm on the FU 1500 or if you want to keep the amp I would go with the FU 750 subwoofer. Which are fantastic subwoofers btw. 

Ok So how about the NVX Jad1200.1 the dyno said it was a true 1200 watt amp and it is still a close to budget amp? Would it work with maybe one of the 750FU or the 1250FU subwoofer? 

Also I don't sem to be able to find the wolfram amp for sale. thanks

You won't regret that Wolfram amp, if you go that route. Too bad I can't get mine hooked up until next summer...

010.jpg

I would def follow Popwarhomie's advice. We got a few very experienced car audio gurus here in this forum. Btw, I might add your a cool dad for hooking up son's 1st stereo. I never had that when I was younger....always worked to get what I wanted. I'm hoping I can do the same with my daughter when she starts driving.

Thank you for making a great product. I read alot on the 6.5 Evil being a great set of speakers and that is why I bought them.  I'm so glad I came here and ask for help because I almost made some big mistakes. I've canceled my order for the hifonics amps and stopped my order on the FU Audio sub for now, Once  I figure out which amp and subwoofer to get I will be buying a FU sub though.

So I need to order the wolfram amp and then get the 1500TI in 2-ohm to run at 1-ohm? Or the NVX 1200.1 and the FU 750 to run at 1-ohm?

I remember as a kid my Stereo being a very big deal, all my friends loved it and people were always coming up to listen to it and I wanted my son to XP that same thing, except the noise laws in our town are way different now and they give out tickets for even small systems now days. I never understood how a motocycle can come thru and give you a massive head ache but the stereo is a no go.

Thank you guys so much for the help. I'm very grateful for the help

EDIT....I just looked at the s1=soundquded 1250 another guy posted. should I go that route? I'm sorry for asking but I really don't know much about it.

ok after thinking about it I'm going to get the wolfram amp and the FU audio 1500TI to run at 1-ohm, The SSA evil, Fosgate punch 300.2, Knu wire, big 3 wire and rca jacks, pioneer 500ex. That should do it but now off to find out some one around here who can build a box. I need 2.5 cu at 32 hrz i think is what the website saide.  Thank you guys so much for all of the help

I need help with one other thing. I'm running the big 3 on his truck. What amp in-line fuse do i need to use if I'm doing a run of 0-Ga from the alt to the battery? Then I just run a ground to battery from frame of truck and a ground from motor block to Frame? Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.