Kinda want it 😂

Participant count
  • Participant list
The old Optimus amplifiers were made by Majestic and then Coustic. If you look at the ones from '95 on up iirc they are almost identical to the coustics from back then. Those amplifiers were actually really good back in the day and for the price you couldn't go wrong.

Then I'd feel the need to do a full optimus build 🤔🤣
I still have a small Optimus Mini Home Stereo unit I picked up in 94/95 while I was living in P.Rico working there. Still works great! Cant remember the model # as I recently boxed it up in the front living room. Its like 4 little separate parts linked together,
Bottom Dual Cassette ,then Hu and Presets,Then Amp /EQ settings,then a 3 CD carousel, has couple 6.5 speakers. Remote control. I used hook it up to my TV. Its still pretty nice. It has all digital eq not the ugly azzed sliders on it. If I find a pic of it or pull it back out. Ive been using my TV atm or my Laptop for inside tunes(Blows)

The old Optimus amplifiers were made by Majestic and then Coustic. If you look at the ones from '95 on up iirc they are almost identical to the coustics from back then. Those amplifiers were actually really good back in the day and for the price you couldn't go wrong.
Really?? I didnt know that. I knew Realistic was a Radio Shack Brand and thought that Optimus was theyres as well? The Coustics Kinda of reminded me of the Profile amps(Lol prob. made by Coustic)

Yep had a buddy who worked at RS back then. I got those at his cost. His system and mine were both all Optimus amps at one point. They were very good for the price and the time. Tbh never cooked one or overheated one. And they sounded clean as well. Wish I would have kept them. We had all tube Realistic receiver for the home stereo from '79 up till 2000 or so. Couldn't kill that thing if we tried. We replaced the tubes after around 12 or 13 years just because with bigger ones and was even louder and cleaner then before. Another one I wish I kept along with the Technics 12" Sub setups we had. Back in '86 we had a 12 foot Wineguard Sat dish with 35 inch Mitsubishi hardwood tv with full surround setup and Mitsubishi VCR and dvd players as soon as they came out. Then upgraded to the 45" a few years later. Tbh no one back then had in our area had we had except a few people. That dish is still on our old property that our friend owns. I want to go and get it but I have no room otherwise it would be up as the programming is unreal even today.

There was this odd ball Radio Shack warehouse by me. I can't remember what they called it, but wasn't the normal Radio Shack in a strip mall, it was a big box store and stocked some pretty nice stuff (Weller soldering stations, Fluke meters, etc). Anyway, when Radio Shack went belly up and they had clearance sales at that store, I made out like a bandit. I'll never run out of heat shrink or speaker wire. :LOL:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

spokey9

5 time International Booty Bandit Gold Meldalist
spokey9
NE AR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views