Wiring coaxial speakers together?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Majority of amplifiers these days can handle a 2 ohm stereo load with no issues, and some down to a 1 ohm stereo load. Check your specifications of the amplifier in question being used in this application.Running at a 4 ohm load is generally a bit cleaner compared to running down to a lower ohm load with more THD, yet doubling the power as well in most cases. You gain more power with more distortion at the lower ohm load.Setting your gains properly and not over powering or clipping your speakers and it should serve fine.Amp may run a little warmer than usual 2 ohms verses 4.helps to place an air gap under the amplifier to help try keep cooler, such as 4-5 washers.Wiring diagram for 2 four ohm speakers svc to get to 2 ohms properly

https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/subwoofer-wiring-diagrams.asp?Q=2&I=41

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.