Amp for subs and amp for door speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello,

Sorry for asking a dumb question, but I got an aftermarket wire adapter to connect to factory door speakers but ended up swapping out the factory door speakers with some aftermarket ones. I now have a Rockford Fosgate Prime R250x4 amp and want to use that to amplify the door speakers and then of course I already have my subs hooked up to my Alpine amp.

How can I hook up the RF amp to amplify the door speakers since I've already got the door speakers wired to my head unit?

Thank you!

best way is to run 16 or 12 ga wire from amp to each speaker., unhook old wires at speaker and make sure the old wire ends can't touch each other or metal so tape foam or something over speaker wire ends..

best way is to run 16 or 12 ga wire from amp to each speaker., unhook old wires at speaker and make sure the old wire ends can't touch each other or metal so tape foam or something over speaker wire ends..
So I can just run speaker wire directly from the amp to each speaker, tape off the old factory wire that runs to the HU and be good after I run the power, ground, and remote wire too?

What HU being used is the first question and what vehicle be the second
Kendwood Excelon KDC-X300 or X301.

2005 Ford Focus ZX4.

Not a bad Head unit. I have one in my work truck. Serves well. You will need to remove the wires from the speakers that go to the radio first, and cap those off.Crimp caps are cheap to buy and easy to use.New wire will need be ran to where the RF amp will be stationed for each speaker of poss.(+) and negative(-) wires.A set of RCAs will need be ran to that amplifier for signal for FRONT L&R  off Radio. Correct power supply and ground wire for the amplifiers needs. The remote wire can be daisy chained off the other amplifier for On/Off will work just fine for the remote wiring.You will need to make sure you have an in-line fuse for the amplifier supply.Your radio spec booklet will guide you through the amplifier installation process up to 3 amplifiers. You can download the manual for FREE off of google.Follow the directions and you should be just fine.Make sure you are working with dead wiring.So you are not working with hot wiring and possibly hurt yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.