Need help wireing a sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

LukeR

Iowa
So my buddy sold me a sub today and i want to put it in my truck but i dont know what i should do because i currentlu have two extra speakers in the back that are wired into my door speakers on each side. How would i make the sub so it plays both sides of the sound syatem? Any help is good.

So my buddy sold me a sub today and i want to put it in my truck but i dont know what i should do because i currentlu have two extra speakers in the back that are wired into my door speakers on each side. How would i make the sub so it plays both sides of the sound syatem? Any help is good.
dude u have to have an amp to power a sub... if u are running 2 extra speakers off rear channel of hu it's at a 2 ohm load and may fry hu as it is.. sounds like u need a 4 channe amp power 2 speaker in front with 2 channel and bridge other 2 top the sub (if sub is svc 4ohm) if sub is dvc 4 ohm (has 4 plugs on it) then u need a mono amp to power it..

Do you currently have an amplifier in the truck at all? Or just running off of radio/head unit power? What does your system consist of and what are the make and model numbers of all your components and year model of the truck will help out alot. Very little information to go off of here to help you with your system issues.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.