Big Don Pigger

Orion HCAA 12 VS AMERICAN BASS HD12

My buddy has a 2.7 cube tuned to 35hz. He's wondering which subwoofer will get louder. I'm leaving towards to Orion but what you guys think, m

the one with less moving mass and stronger motor and overall balanced sub that actually likes a big enclosure tuned to 27hz. Too many factors that determine actual loudness other than your basic brand nuthugging reasons so its literally a tossup on whose nutz he wants to hug.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Probably the hd

My older hcca 15 needed much more power to get moving good than other subs

Heavy surround heavy 4” coil it’s a heavy sub

I haven’t used a hd but it should do well on 2k

2 sa8 spl's in a 31hz tapped horn

rd d9 run at 2ohm

stinger spv70 up front

kicker zx640.4

alpine type s comp up front

kicker ks 6x8's in rear

pioneer avh-3200bt

buncha 1/0 awg kicker

you can plug sh*t into winisd for a more for sure answer.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

I'd go with the American bass but really I'd save up and buy a ddaudio ov the same class. The build quality will be better.

That said my hd12 in my versa on 1800w in a 2 cube at 32hz box did pop 150.6db at 47hz with no testing. But that was a hatchback

Overall music average was just over 140 and it sounded fine.

Orion hcca are large gap heavy cone subs that I'm no big fan of

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel

2013 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4x4

Pioneer touch screen with front and rear cam

Memphis viv component run active

2 alpine pdr-m65

1 alpine pdr-f50

2 jl 13tw5-3 in subthump understeat box

My hcca was only of my favorite subs

Lows like crazy and still got decently loud on 3k

But again needs power where a 3” coil sub could do better on less

rd d9 run at 2ohm

stinger spv70 up front

kicker zx640.4

kicker ks 6x8's in rear

pioneer avh-3200bt

buncha 1/0 awg kicker

My buddy has a 2.7 cube tuned to 35hz. He's wondering which subwoofer will get louder. I'm leaving towards to Orion but what you guys think, m

u or he ever look at fu1250? nice sub friend had 15 in 4.9cf box with 1600 rms i could hear him a full 1 1/2 mins before he got here FU Car Audio, fu audio, fu car audio

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

u or he ever look at fu1250? nice sub friend had 15 in 4.9cf box with 1600 rms i could hear him a full 1 1/2 mins before he got here FU Car Audio, fu audio, fu car audio

FU1250 is a lower level sub compared to the HD and HCCA, they would shit on the FU. The HCCA is more comparable to the AB VFL which is similar to the HDC4.

With only 2k the AB would be the better choice imo.

giphy.gif

FU1250 is a lower level sub compared to the HD and HCCA, they would shit on the FU. The HCCA is more comparable to the AB VFL which is similar to the HDC4.

With only 2k the AB would be the better choice imo.

they also have 1500 and 2250 but they seem to like much more power than rated and it's cheaper is y i suggested it.. yeah long time ago we did a wall ported box in a sebring 4- hcca 15's built box the way orion told them to had hcca amps huge wire ho alt batts (not a lot of peeps had that stuff 16 yrs ago, not here anyway) it did 151 i thought that was a lot of work and like $8k for that.. as he said super heavy sub takes tons of power to move..

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

I have a few team Orion friends. They are good subs but insanely inefficient. Thomas jester and Christopher crouse rangers are nasty as well as Tim and jo Johnsons impala and Tahoe’s. All Orion gear.

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

Nice hcca build here

They are very capable woofers

Iirc that does 158@28hz

rd d9 run at 2ohm

stinger spv70 up front

kicker zx640.4

kicker ks 6x8's in rear

pioneer avh-3200bt

buncha 1/0 awg kicker