gallileo60

HiFonics amp Question

I have the chance to acquire for farly cheap A Hifonics Brutus BE2100 1 amp..The problem is the amp is missing the Bass level remote...My questions are, will the amp function without the remote?? Next I assume the remote is just a potintiometer (sic) is this correct?? Also Hifonics does not carry this item any more, anyone know of a place to get a replacement?? Thanks for the help..

The amp will work fine, you just wont have any bass level adjustment from the knob.

You can buy a basic one from ebay that will work no problem.

Team Fi 12

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

CT 60.4

Crescendo PWX Mids / STS Tweets

80PRS

CES 270 Alt

D3400 and 2 Kinetik HC2400s

Maxwell supercap banks x2

Urwifeinthepassenger

I have the chance to acquire for farly cheap A Hifonics Brutus BE2100 1 amp..The problem is the amp is missing the Bass level remote...My questions are, will the amp function without the remote?? Next I assume the remote is just a potintiometer (sic) is this correct?? Also Hifonics does not carry this item any more, anyone know of a place to get a replacement?? Thanks for the help..

u can get rca sub volume $17 amazon

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

since u are new tell us how much u can get it for.. in case it's more than a better amp we may know about..

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

20 bucks says he'll smoke that amp, distort his sub, and clip them to death. Next week he'll post a new thread, Need new amp.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

50 bucks says that sherwood17 and erod856 the forums' most quiet members on here going around disliking/liking posts, dislikes my next several posts. Don't be shy guys...to say something.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

20 bucks says he'll smoke that amp, distort his sub, and clip them to death. Next week he'll post a new thread, Need new amp.

dude legit that was uncalled for, literally no reason to make this kind of comment.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

dude legit that was uncalled for, literally no reason to make this kind of comment.

Am I jumping the gun too soon? Just the way he makes it sound in his post...

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

since u are new tell us how much u can get it for.. in case it's more than a better amp we may know about..

Hey there, yes I am new to the forum..An old man at 57, used to play around at SPL levels back in the day late 80's...Anyway I was just curious about this amp in particular, as I could find no info on running it without the Bass remote...I have a RCA style preamp/eq with variable out on the bass...I picked the amp up yesterday at a pawn shop for 87 dollars, like I said minus the remote...Man has the game changed in all these years..I remember 142 was pretty respectful out of my 8 Kicker comp 15's..Hell, I even had twin battery's in the back with a battery isolator...Hahahaha.....Thanks for the answers guys...

Well thanks for the vote of confidence there, but I think not...Still running my GM1000 I got back in 90..

Sorry if my post came out different than I intended it to...I did google on the amp, but could find nothing at all about running it minus the remote...Thanks again, Tom

Hey there, yes I am new to the forum..An old man at 57, used to play around at SPL levels back in the day late 80's...Anyway I was just curious about this amp in particular, as I could find no info on running it without the Bass remote...I have a RCA style preamp/eq with variable out on the bass...I picked the amp up yesterday at a pawn shop for 87 dollars, like I said minus the remote...Man has the game changed in all these years..I remember 142 was pretty respectful out of my 8 Kicker comp 15's..Hell, I even had twin battery's in the back with a battery isolator...Hahahaha.....Thanks for the answers guys...

yeah 1'm 50, most of the subs today are made for ported boxes and many old name brands **** now lol thats biggest diff. i worked at shop for long time.. about 20 yr ago we did a sebring with 4 hcca 15's (heavy subs) and i think 4 hcca amps batterys, ho alt about $9k it did 151.. peeps do that with 1 or 2 subs, guy has 4 b stock fu 12's like mine $80 each did 157 lol.. power is cheaper so peeps use more power with beefier subs, i have the weakest system here and i have 50% more power to 1 12 as i used to run to 2..

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

Wow, that is just plain crazy...Yes I too did installs for a place called RCS Telecom..Was a blast....This one amp puts out more than all 8 of my 15's were being driven with....Some of these guys know way more than the pros did back then, it amazes me...And yes dollar for dollar wattage is way cheaper than it was in the 80's/90's...i would have cut off my leg for an amp like this Brutus that I could have afforded back then..IIRC my buddy was running a few amps called "Odins" with a pair of Punch 18's, and he was my envy...Im going to go with 2 Kicker VR 15's I picked up on a trade, should be more than enough for me..My wife is already looking at me nine kinds of funny....She thinks the Fosgate 12's are just fine...Take care....

Wow, that is just plain crazy...Yes I too did installs for a place called RCS Telecom..Was a blast....This one amp puts out more than all 8 of my 15's were being driven with....Some of these guys know way more than the pros did back then, it amazes me...And yes dollar for dollar wattage is way cheaper than it was in the 80's/90's...i would have cut off my leg for an amp like this Brutus that I could have afforded back then..IIRC my buddy was running a few amps called "Odins" with a pair of Punch 18's, and he was my envy...Im going to go with 2 Kicker VR 15's I picked up on a trade, should be more than enough for me..My wife is already looking at me nine kinds of funny....She thinks the Fosgate 12's are just fine...Take care....

Ofcourse the flipside is Subs have become so **** inefficient nowadays...

Head Unit: Pioneer Avic-5201NEX

Amplifiers: Orion XTR1000.4, Alphard DB-2000.1D

Front Speakers: Infinity Perfect 600 Components

Rear Speakers: Image Dynamics ID6.5

Subwoofers: 2 JL Audio 12TW3-D4

I have a brutus bre2500.1d and it did not come with a bass control know when i purchased it used. The function of it works just fine without it. Ignore the negative comments. Hifonics may be a cheap brand but they work just fine. Set your gain level appropriately and it will suit you fine. Have a nice day. :fro:

I have a brutus bre2500.1d and it did not come with a bass control know when i purchased it used. The function of it works just fine without it. Ignore the negative comments. Hifonics may be a cheap brand but they work just fine. Set your gain level appropriately and it will suit you fine. Have a nice day. :fro:

Thanks for the advice...Im not looking for anything real hot, or hi dollar anymore, just want to be able to enjoy the music, and have fun wiring, and building a box...Its been a while since I have done either, so it will be a fun project.....

Thanks for the advice...Im not looking for anything real hot, or hi dollar anymore, just want to be able to enjoy the music, and have fun wiring, and building a box...Its been a while since I have done either, so it will be a fun project.....

in fact they just showed guts of a hifi brz2400 amp beside sound qubed 2200 which is much more $ and it's exact same board and the sq had cheaper caps

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

in fact they just showed guts of a hifi brz2400 amp beside sound qubed 2200 which is much more $ and it's exact same board and the sq had cheaper caps

everything after that model is garbage though. Cant really say the same about any of their lineups after the BRZ which is dinosaur old. Even the BRE were grossly overrated in certified dynos. But OP is not wanting crazy good amps, just something solid that will power his stuff and that amp does fine.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now