Is an alternator needed for 3k

sharkman

poor bass head
I just got an new 2016 dodge dart. Want to run 3k to a single 12. I picked up an dd 9512 from a member here. Haven't gotten the sub yet. But knowing the sub I will need a solid 3k. From what I read the car has an 120 amp alt. So I might have 90 amps left for my system..not really sure on the amount but the taramp looks good from a price point..

Am I able to get by with a 3k system with adding a battery or 2 to my car?

I ran my 5k at .5ohm with a stock alt and 2 old dead batteries

Watch your voltage if you don't have an alt

Stock alt with a decent battery up front and 1 or 2 good ones in the back

If a HO alt isn't obtainable now, but will be in the near future, you can get by with a few AMG batteries, and big 3 upgraded. Just as others stated, keep watch of your voltage and you should be ok.

I ran my 5k at .5ohm with a stock alt and 2 old dead batteriesWatch your voltage if you don't have an alt

Stock alt with a decent battery up front and 1 or 2 good ones in the back
yeah but your lights didn't dim real bad? what amps did your stock alt have?

As of now I have 4 odyssey pc2150 batts in the garage. I could spare 2 for the car if needed. Not sure if I'm able to just wire them in with the stock batt up front

As of now I have 4 odyssey pc2150 batts in the garage. I could spare 2 for the car if needed. Not sure if I'm able to just wire them in with the stock batt up front
Two of those would probably hold just fine.

You can wire them parallel NOT series. Just make sure to fuse correctly.

Don't see why not and many people have.

I suspect just the batteries would be fine, but no way of telling until you actually start playing with things. Also IDK what sort of coil DD uses these days but if their newer 95 is similar to their old ones you'll probably break that sub before you run your batteries down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.