First active install...

Belial

Atlanta
Since I've never done an active front stage and I'm on a budget... let's see if I can do this! I see everybody is a huge fan of the Silver Flute W17RC38-04 and Vifa XT25's... would this be a good pair for a solid 2 way? Will the silver flutes play high enough ir to i have to cross the tweeters low? I listen 95% metal. I like loud, double kick-drum with authority and airy highs without brain leaking from my ears. For power, I'm looking at the PPI 900.4.

Ran quad silvers with quad seas neos on FS using a few amps for 5-6 years sun 100.4d, db a7 125.4. Mids crossed at @105 tweets took over at 3800k. Never blew a single mid or tweet. Active using my hu Eclipse cd-7000

Since I've never done an active front stage and I'm on a budget... let's see if I can do this! I see everybody is a huge fan of the Silver Flute W17RC38-04 and Vifa XT25's... would this be a good pair for a solid 2 way? Will the silver flutes play high enough ir to i have to cross the tweeters low? I listen 95% metal. I like loud, double kick-drum with authority and airy highs without brain leaking from my ears. For power, I'm looking at the PPI 900.4.
I was trying to sell you that exact set up? The Ppi is almost the same amp as the Polk? I say yes, great cheap active setup.

In my install the silvers were solid from 100hz to around 4200k.. They would play higher but lost most of there kick. Driver was getting rd 90-130watts. Even though they still sounded fine into the low 4k range crossed mine at 3800 so I wouldn't have to cross my tweets so high. So i crossed at 3800k to prevent overlap.

In my install the silvers were solid from 100hz to around 4200k.. They would play higher but lost most of there kick. Driver was getting rd 90-130watts. Even though they still sounded fine into the low 4k range crossed mine at 3800 so I wouldn't have to cross my tweets so high. So i cut at 3800 to prevent overlap.
Ahhh... I'm looking for solid midbass from those silver flutes. Don't want to cross super high to keep them from sounding muddy and losing strong kick drum

Problem I had an u prob will also is filling the 70-100hz range. Subs wouldn't play that high nor would u want them to but also with the power I was using I could not let silvers play any lower then 105-110hz as they would not have lasted play that low with that amount of power...

Ahhh... I'm looking for solid midbass from those silver flutes. Don't want to cross super high to keep them from sounding muddy and losing strong kick drum
A mid playing into the 4k range is bout avg.. Almost every tweet can be crossed as low as 2500-3000 so at 3800 they were fine with the power and were magic.. Seas neos are the best tweet I have ever had the pleasure of owning an hesring. Madi sells them cost rd 80 bucks each. I ran 2 per door an was ***... Lol

What is an active set up?? am i using an active set up because i have two sets of components running off an amp?
No as components use a inline crossover (that box u wired ur Mids and tweets into) that box makes sure the drivers only see a set freq range to prevent damage.. You are running passive.

Looks like I'm going a different route than the silver flutes and vifa tweets. Any suggestions for a simple 2 way passive that's efficient with good midbass... $300 budget

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.