First active install...

No

Looks like I'm going a different route than the silver flutes and vifa tweets. Any suggestions for a simple 2 way passive that's efficient with good midbass... $300 budget
Why the change? What do u want that the previous setup couldn't offer? My silver/Seas setup kept up with setups on as much power as 5-7k.

Why the change? What do u want that the previous setup couldn't offer
Looking for a simple install. Don't want to do dsp and my kenwood Ddx419 has limited to tuning options. Just want to do a simple install. My DLS and Braxton days are over. Simple... loud and clean

You don't have to run a dsp, I have a Memphis active crossover that will work. Also the amps you are looking at have active crossovers too. I feel like your making this too complex. Those flutes and a nice tweet will be great.

Well... after looking at the RE Audio XXX6.5C comps. .. this beast look like midbass monsters. I've never been a fan of anything RE manufactures. Like I ever stated several times, I'm looking to do a simple system. I'd love to go active but I know what kind of work is involved to get the system to sound right. I've had one active system that was installed that I had zero hand in doing any of the work. It took the master installer (Jeff Smith) several days to tune everything going to my taste. I couldn't imagine how long it would take me lol. For those who want to know. It was idq8 's in the doors with ID pro compression drivers under the dash. By far the best system I've ever listened to. I 2ish I had the time and money to have a system like that again. I don't know of any current or past speaker system that can match that.

Problem I had an u prob will also is filling the 70-100hz range. Subs wouldn't play that high nor would u want them to but also with the power I was using I could not let silvers play any lower then 105-110hz as they would not have lasted play that low with that amount of power...
Yup thats the problem with most setups Subs dont play up top cleanly and loudly. Midbass either dont dig low enough or cant keep up with substage. Once you experience a sub with good range that is able to play up to 120hz clean, music is a totally different experience. Lows are nice but most non decaf music has a ton of musical information in the 60-100hz ranges that most setups on this forum never reaches with authority. Takes a trip to the SQ land to realize how much musical information all these bassheads in competitions are lacking while claiming their setup plays flat and has good range.

Yup thats the problem with most setups Subs dont play up top cleanly and loudly. Midbass either dont dig low enough or cant keep up with substage. Once you experience a sub with good range that is able to play up to 120hz clean, music is a totally different experience. Lows are nice but most non decaf music has a ton of musical information in the 60-100hz ranges that most setups on this forum never reaches with authority. Takes a trip to the SQ land to realize how much musical information all these bassheads in competitions are lacking while claiming their setup plays flat and has good range.
Idq12's could play high but they lacked out put. I want loud and clean

Idq12's could play high but they lacked out put. I want loud and clean
Its more about the box too. Those idqs get a lot louder in a proper ported or 1/4 wave t line enclosure than sealed. Still, a lot of other subs get louder easily and produce much cleaner and better output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.