$50,000 and an old tahoe... help me spend it

I've got an old beater tahoe (2006 tahoe z7, 57k miles) I bought new. just replaced it with a new accord to drive daily, so I figured instead of trading it/selling it id throw some cash away and have some fun. what id like from you guys is some suggestions as to what I should do. budget is in title. I already have a set of 26s purchased. im figuring about 15k for paint and interior. stereo suggestions would be great.. id LIKE to keep my third row, but not 100% necessary.. for sure below window line though (no walls).. what brakes are good? engine mods?

thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How about sell the Tahoe and buy some old classic car or suv to customize, at least that way you have something that's worth 50k when you're done. Just a thought. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

26" billets, 6.2l swap, drop, HD front end, Rioja red interior, DD subs and amps for that "wow he got money" factor. a wilwood big brake kit. thats easy around $25,000.

i smell a troll.....pics of the vehicle and the cash or its not happening.

if you are legit then go all FOCAL. get the focal ultima components and stick with FOCAL for the complete audio package. will be one of the best sounding systems as far as quality.

Lets see the money!
New user money shots

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
i smell a troll.....pics of the vehicle and the cash or its not happening.if you are legit then go all FOCAL. get the focal ultima components and stick with FOCAL for the complete audio package. will be one of the best sounding systems as far as quality.
you smell yourself then. dont kid yourself, ca.com isnt important enough to troll.

26" billets, 6.2l swap, drop, HD front end, Rioja red interior, DD subs and amps for that "wow he got money" factor. a wilwood big brake kit. thats easy around $25,000.
2 DDZs on 10k
Oh wait someone already did that in a Tahoe

Duramax swap it and do a C pillar
I disagree with the swap ideas, mainly because of alt brackets.

For the duramax, the most he could run is dual alts, iirc.

I'm guessing it's got a 5.3 stock and he could get a quad bracket like I ordered.

i smell a troll.....pics of the vehicle and the cash or its not happening.if you are legit then go all FOCAL. get the focal ultima components and stick with FOCAL for the complete audio package. will be one of the best sounding systems as far as quality.
Uhhhhhh... no.

Why do all focal? Could do so much more with that much money.

If I had that budget, I say first step is get a quad alt bracket. Next get three HO alternators. Excessive is probably the best value, and he might cut you a deal on three.

For batteries, go to the local shop and see if they'll cut you a deal on a bunch of generic "rebadged" group 31 AGM's

A spool of welding cable will leave you more money for other things, compared to "car audio" labeled wire.

For amps, I'd say two Twisted Sounds 8.5k's or find a pair of used amps like M4a's, NS's, Ampere TFE's, DC 9k/10k's, ect.

For subs if you're limited on space, a couple of beefy 4" coil monsters like Sundown "Team" series or possibly three 3" coil subs like Nightshades, Zv4's, or the obvious DD Z's if you want to go all out. There will be lots of headroom with that much amplifier power, and you can always add more subs later if you want more output.

For mids/highs, I like Pro Audio drivers and bullet tweeters. They're not for everyone. Listen to different types of setups and find what you prefer before shelling out money on something you can't stand.

There's a DC 175.4 on here reasonably priced, iirc.

That's what I'd do if I could do it all over again

If I seen that on the hood i prly woulda tried Robbin you for it. Lol
O rly?

american_robin_6.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.