Old 'Bass EQ' mystery

But the Rockford Fosgate Punch200 DSM was waaay better and I conned... traded a guy for it.
I once bought an DB Drive A6 1600.4 off Craigslist. Guy included a Shuriken AGM battery in a custom cubby with an inline voltmeter. All for $125. I just wanted the battery so I relisted the amp which was in new condition. Guy contacts me if I was interested in a trade. I requested a picture and he sent me one of a mint looking non working Orion HCCA 275g4! I nearly jizzed all over myself and cooly replied, "I'd like to see it first." He then said he could include another non working old amp. It was a first generation 2 channel US Amps amp! I could have hopscotched all the way but the guilt set in and as a surprise, I tossed in a 7 channel PPI graphic eq. Not the OGs but the newer $60 unit.
I still own those amps.

Wow, pretty nice "starter" amp,
I owned a top of the line, Toyota SR5 4x4 long bed and was getting tired of the sound of aftermarket Realist HU and the Cricket (green surround) coaxials. Unlike today, had to drive to retail locations to see the new "car audio" products. Once I'd saved up enough, purchased that amp, two 8" ADS 4 ohm woofers and 2 ADS tweeters. made my own crossovers and hooked them up to the "best cassette" player on the market, a Concord HPL-515. Raced home, pulled the Realist cassette, coaxial speakers and installed everything with the help of my older (EE) brother. I was some pretty hot snot on my block for sure!

Last edited:
I owned a top of the line, Toyota SR5 4x4 long bed and was getting tired of the sound of aftermarket Realist HU and the Cricket (green surround) coaxials. Unlike today, had to drive to retail locations to see the new "car audio" products. Once I'd saved up enough, purchased that amp, two 8" ADS 4 ohm woofers and 2 ADS tweeters. made my own crossovers and hooked them up to the "best cassette" player on the market, a Concord HPL-515. Raced home, pulled the Realist cassette, coaxial speakers and installed everything with the help of my older (EE) brother. I was some pretty hot snot on my block for sure!
Linear Power and ADS speakers - very nice!

Linear Power and ADS speakers - very nice!
It was really pretty impressive, even for today's standards. Until some freebasing willy nilly busted into my rig and stole everything, that was a really bad morning. Later, with the insurance payment, got two of the amps, four 8"s and new tweets for the doors, the rest is history!

It was really pretty impressive, even for today's standards. Until some freebasing willy nilly busted into my rig and stole everything, that was a really bad morning. Later, with the insurance payment, got two of the amps, four 8"s and new tweets for the doors, the rest is history!
Yeah, there is lots of old school equipment that can hang with modern equipment. ADS made some great amps and speakers over the years.

Yeah, there is lots of old school equipment that can hang with modern equipment. ADS made some great amps and speakers over the years.
their amplifiers are still sought after. But... ALL THOSE DIP SWITCHES! Figure if I gotta get out a magnifying glass to read the values, well... $hit!

I was pretty much Piss Poor when I first started. $250 truck and Kmart Eq and Road Master Cassette Radio and 6x9 set combo. First amp was a tank. Realistic 80x80, and realistic 12" 125 watt 8 ohm subs..LOL 🤣 🤣:poop:. You guys were silver spoon fed sounds like??/🤣:poop::poop:! you know you are poor when you are stripping an old extension cord for power and speaker wiring..LOL😂🤪🤪

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...