Small enclosure 15in sub

Sundown zv3 15Dc xl 15

Sundown SA 15

From personal experience
Super helpful. My cousin wants to do a system and a box I have on hand is 6.6 net at 32 hz . He probably won't be running more then 2k power. Would lower tier dc do good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at the stereo integrity hst 12, will do well in a small sealed box, rms of 1350, I spoke with the owner, and he said it will murder the lows in .6 sealed, just an idea for you.

Look at the stereo integrity hst 12, will do well in a small sealed box, rms of 1350, I spoke with the owner, and he said it will murder the lows in .6 sealed, just an idea for you.
I have a box all ready for 15s it's ported I'm looking for some 15s that like 3.3 cubes

I have a box all ready for 15s it's ported I'm looking for some 15s that like 3.3 cubes

Cool, check out FI Audio, or soundsolutionaudio then dude, should find something to fill the bill on either one of those sites man.

almost any 15 will. but the thing is will it have the response your looking for.. what do you want it to sound like? flat? lots of lowend?
In honestly not too picky with response, it's just gonna be a daily beater, some low end would be nice. But it's mostly focused on sounds nice and being kind of loud, looking to run on stock electrical(+an extra battery) so nothing more then like 2000w rms. Just trying to help out a buddy, also I'm interested how loud 2 15s on around 2k can get, my only experience is with an ethos on 3k so I'm also interested.

while im sure they have a few woofer that will do nicely in 3.3 i suggest finding something with a naturally lower FS and fairly high QE. its gonna give you a slightly stronger lowend in the small box where as alot of the stiffer spider lower QE woofers are designed will be efficient above 50 and have a good punch the TYPE of driver i suggested will sound more natural and have better bottom-end.

ill do some simulations for you and help you choose something thats right for you.. what other parameters make up your build? IE amp as for as power and output impedance(not dampening facctor lol) power output..

while im sure they have a few woofer that will do nicely in 3.3 i suggest finding something with a naturally lower FS and fairly high QE. its gonna give you a slightly stronger lowend in the small box where as alot of the stiffer spider lower QE woofers are designed will be efficient above 50 and have a good punch the TYPE of driver i suggested will sound more natural and have better bottom-end.ill do some simulations for you and help you choose something thats right for you.. what other parameters make up your build? IE amp as for as power and output impedance(not dampening facctor lol) power output..
I haven't chosen an amp yet. I was just looking for some drivers that would work with the box and choose components around that.

So looking at around 1500w rms. Current subs that fit the bill, Skar vvx, sundown SA's, and powerbass 3xl. Any other subs that would do good on 1500w and in 3.3 cubes a piece. Just trying to find options

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.