SoundQubed 4500 problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

eenyuheye8o8
10+ year member

Ok, I dont know if its just me but i just received it today and hooked it up. I have 2 XS D3100s in the back a red top in the front and a 200 amp EA Alternator. I have it hooked up like this 1 battery has 1 positive and a negative from the other battery and same with the other one. Got it hooked up at 1 ohm. So when I am playing it theres no way it sounds like 4500 watts or even 2000 watts. I had a memphis PR 2.75 hooked up and it sounded better than the SQ. Got the gain at Half subsonic at around 25 LPF at around 80 and bass boost is off. Is there a trick to these amps? I had a SQ 3500 and it sounded awesome. The 4500 not so much.

Ok, I dont know if its just me but i just received it today and hooked it up. I have 2 XS D3100s in the back a red top in the front and a 200 amp EA Alternator. I have it hooked up like this 1 battery has 1 positive and a negative from the other battery and same with the other one. Got it hooked up at 1 ohm. So when I am playing it theres no way it sounds like 4500 watts or even 2000 watts. I had a memphis PR 2.75 hooked up and it sounded better than the SQ. Got the gain at Half subsonic at around 25 LPF at around 80 and bass boost is off. Is there a trick to these amps? I had a SQ 3500 and it sounded awesome. The 4500 not so much.
is the slave/master switch on master? Are the polarities correct?

is the slave/master switch on master? Are the polarities correct?
It's on master and I got the subs wires 1 sub is negative - positive and 1 negative from 1 side out and positive on the other side out. Same with the other sub. Then hooked up together at the end with jumpers negative and negative positive with positive out. 1 positive from 1 and the negative from the other to the amp.

It's on master and I got the subs wires 1 sub is negative - positive and 1 negative from 1 side out and positive on the other side out. Same with the other sub. Then hooked up together at the end with jumpers negative and negative positive with positive out. 1 positive from 1 and the negative from the other to the amp.
Take out your multi-meter and see what the voltages are reading when you set the gains. Check for pinched RCA connections.

Take out your multi-meter and see what the voltages are reading when you set the gains. Check for pinched RCA connections.
My buddy has my multimeter so i cant check now its late here on Oahu. Ill just troubleshoot it tomorrow after work and ill keep it posted until then, and i pinched the RCA flaps together just in case that was it. Couldnt test cause my neighbor gets on my case about it even if we dont bother them when there smoking the ganja -.- but thanks

What ohms are those subs? You should have 2 Dual 4 ohms subs wired in parallel to get to a final 1ohm load on the amp. If you do have dual 4 ohms subs by you wiring in series/parallel that brings you back to a 4ohm load, that's maybe your problem. Two Dual 4 ohm subs can be wired to a final load of 1 and 4. Two dual 2 ohm subs can be wired to a final load of 0.5 ohms and 2 ohms if wired in series/parallel also.

What ohms are those subs? You should have 2 Dual 4 ohms subs wired in parallel to get to a final 1ohm load on the amp. If you do have dual 4 ohms subs by you wiring in series/parallel that brings you back to a 4ohm load, that's maybe your problem. Two Dual 4 ohm subs can be wired to a final load of 1 and 4. Two dual 2 ohm subs can be wired to a final load of 0.5 ohms and 2 ohms if wired in series/parallel also.
20150615_182210.jpg

20150615_173014.jpg

The subs are dual .7. I posted about it before. Both subs are dual .7 and I tried to get them replaced from where I got it from and he would not replace it. It says .8 cause I kept moving the probes while trying to take the picture.

Why does it say dual 2 on the terminal? Were they reconed?
No. Like I said it was a manufactur problem. I tried taking it back to the company but the boss made like he knew more thought I might have blown the speakers or something. He didn't want to exchange it for me. I was pissed. Subs was not reconed. I even tried to call RE and emailed no reply back.

Triple check your series/parallel sub wiring, don't be afraid to use the gain knob. The tolerances of parts and low quality far-east manufacturing might make a large difference in how much gain you need to get full output. You rarely hear of problems with SQ amps since they generally use tested/proven designs so it's likely something you're missing. Step back, slow down, have another look over things.

Triple check your series/parallel sub wiring, don't be afraid to use the gain knob. The tolerances of parts and low quality far-east manufacturing might make a large difference in how much gain you need to get full output. You rarely hear of problems with SQ amps since they generally use tested/proven designs so it's likely something you're missing. Step back, slow down, have another look over things.
I actually did that last night cause I thought I wired something wrong. But I have it one sub +to- and same with the other. And 1 positive on 1 end and negative on the other end out. And same with the other. Then connected together then out to the amp. I won't be able to test anything till after I finish work though.

Well I Fixed this problem my speakers were wired like this. Im Kind of disappointed i have to turn the gain up really high though. I Usually only play till volume 30. I just gotta play with the gain settings for a bit so I can get full potential at volume 30. Thanks for everyone helping. Oh also about the REs. Apparently Dual .7 ohm speakers are special ordered from RE and i guess someone special ordered it from the shop i bought it from canceled it and I apparently bought it. I guess its good must be a more upgraded sub then a standard one.

+ +---- +------- Jump ------Amp

> |

- - ---- - ------ Jump

+ +---- +-------Jump

> |

- - ---- - ------ Jump ------ Amp

But it supposed to be

+ +---- +------- Jump ------Amp

> |

- - ---- - ------ Jump -------Amp

+ +---- +-------Jump

> |

- - ---- - ------ Jump

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.